Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] With a Galaxy Ace GT-S5839i

Tip us?

Croftman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] With a Galaxy Ace GT-S5839i

Hi!

I have a Galaxy Ace GT-S5389i and I didn't found any post who say how to change the rom or change the recovery to a clockwork !

I try the clockwork recovery 5 but it failed.

Can I install a different recovery and then a custom ROM or that's not possible for my phone ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

eumax
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hello!

This guide should help : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1552792

The only custom rom avaliable for now is rajrock's, there are other groups developing, let's wait, but DO NOT flash S5830 roms in your device, the hardware is different and it may brick your phone.

Croftman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, thank you, so I must wait !

arunv95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default yinssio 600

If you ask me, dont flash any ROM just yet even the rajrocks razodroid Rom bricked my phone and im using the S5839i.... Wait until someone releases a ROM specifically for the phone! For some people It works and I dont understand how, maybe they used a different kernel.

Mehdiway
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I'm asking for you help

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunv95 View Post
If you ask me, dont flash any ROM just yet even the rajrocks razodroid Rom bricked my phone and im using the S5839i.... Wait until someone releases a ROM specifically for the phone! For some people It works and I dont understand how, maybe they used a different kernel.
I recently wanted to flash my Samsung Galaxy ACE GT-S5839i with RazoDroiD and ClockworkMod, both files are compatible, I think I messed up in the wiping part, I restarted the phone on the normal recovery mode, choosed Install Zip from SD Card, and choosed ClockworkMod, it instantly gave me the Clockworkmod Recovery interface, so I choosed Wipe data factory, and Wipe Dalvik, then choosed install zip from sd card and choosed RazoDroiD.
Now when I turn on my phone, I hangs on the Samsung logo, and if I turn it off, it restarts all by itself.

Pleaaaaase help me !
You can contact me at armachi.mehdi@gmail.com

blafioras
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdiway View Post
I recently wanted to flash my Samsung Galaxy ACE GT-S5839i with RazoDroiD and ClockworkMod, both files are compatible, I think I messed up in the wiping part, I restarted the phone on the normal recovery mode, choosed Install Zip from SD Card, and choosed ClockworkMod, it instantly gave me the Clockworkmod Recovery interface, so I choosed Wipe data factory, and Wipe Dalvik, then choosed install zip from sd card and choosed RazoDroiD.
Now when I turn on my phone, I hangs on the Samsung logo, and if I turn it off, it restarts all by itself.

Pleaaaaase help me !
You can contact me at armachi.mehdi@gmail.com

I just recover my phone from this problem by using this way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=264
Forget that the RazoDroiD.is compatible with GT-S5839i its not ! I had exactly the same problem like you. Just follow the steps with Odin and you will recover your phone.
You will also need a original firmware from here : http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/index...sung&Itemid=82
I hope that will help you enough. Good luck

avispi11
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Yep, Bricked my GT-S5839i

I officially bricked my galaxy ace gt-s5839i for the second time...but this time trying to flash Razodroid v2.5.
Did all the steps and instructions properly but turned my phone into a brick . Hope that my previous back up through CWM restores my Stock Rom!

So anyone with gt-s5839i phone, please dont flash Razodroid for your own safety.

arunv95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default S5839i = NOT COMPATIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by avispi11 View Post
I officially bricked my galaxy ace gt-s5839i for the second time...but this time trying to flash Razodroid v2.5.
Did all the steps and instructions properly but turned my phone into a brick . Hope that my previous back up through CWM restores my Stock Rom!

So anyone with gt-s5839i phone, please dont flash Razodroid for your own safety.
Please do not flash any ROM on the s5839i, it does not work! I am on 3 and I have had to send my phone back twice now because I was stupid enough to follow other people!
I have learnt my lesson now
Just wait till there are roms that are confirmed for 100% before you do anything!

Viper The Ripper
Old
(Last edited by Viper The Ripper; 17th April 2013 at 12:12 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 774
This is the S5830 thread, please ask for it in the correct section

You'll brick you device if you use S5830's ROMS or whatever from the incorrect device to your device

Thank you for understanding!

tosinchib
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post urgent help please

hi
i installed jellyblast on my gts5839i and everythings is working fine except for the audio. ie the headsets dont work n i cant change my lock screen wallpaper...
please what can i do??
i read stuff about using odin to flash it... but i dont seem to get....
what is the way out..