Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BT GPS units

Tip us?

Way2go
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default BT GPS units

Hi,

I notice there is quite a difference in prices betwen a number of different BT GPS devices I have been looking at, despite the mall using the SiRF Star III chipset.

Can anyone tell me if there is really that much difference between the units given the same chipset? As an example, I find I can get the BT-74S for half the price of the BT-338 whe nto all intents and purposes the specs for the 2 units appears identical. (And the Holux GR271 and the 236 are cheaper still).

I'll be using the device for incar navigation (TomTom and OziExplorer) using my JAMin (Prophet), so with access to a charging socket, battery life is not as important to me as it may be to others (i.e. one unit lasting 15 hours and another 17 hours is not a deciding factor in the purchase...)

the_matho
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've used the Holux 236 with my M2000 and found it to be really good - quick to get a fix and never had any problems with it dropping out. Bluetooth connection seems stable etc. Haven't tried it on my new Hermes yet, but given my previous experience, I'm not expecting any issues!