Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case for use with Quadlock Adapter

Tip us?

hunchi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Case for use with Quadlock Adapter

Hey there,

i am looking for a protective case to use with my quadlock universal adapter. For those of you who don't know it: It's a mount system that can e.g. be used on bikes.

This is what the adapter looks like (attachement). It basically gets glued on back of the phone (uargh) or on back of a protective casing.

Therefore the case should have:

*a hard plastic back surface (non-rubbery, non-TPU/silicone), so that the adhesive can stick well
*a flat back surface (because the adapter is flat itself, so the contact area is very small when it is glued to a curved surface such as the M8's)
*a tight fit (at least it should not easily come off), as this thing is what holds the M8 on my bike when I go downhill.

Somehow it was really easy to find such a case for my old Galaxy S3, but for the M8 I already bought three different cases and none of them looks trustworthy in combination with this adapter. If you have any ideas, suggestions etc - or have seen a case that meets the criteria above, I would be really thankful. Even better, if it's available somewhere on amazon...

Thanks a lot and best regards!
Hunchi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-26 22.56.33-1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	2764751   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-26 22.56.48.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	2764752  

lacrossev
Old
Thanks Meter 136
my seidio dilex is as far as i can tell totally flat on the back. I use it with a tetrax nub superglued to the back and it works great. I like it because when im on out of town trips or when im not gonna be driving when going out with friends, i can easily remove it and swap to a bumper or slim case without much hassle.