Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 48,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) How to root O+ plus 8.6

Tip us?

ratman_04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default (Q) How to root O+ plus 8.6

Please help me about rooting this unit. I badly need it. I searched on the internet for weeks now but I can't seem to find an effective procedure in rooting my phone. I hope someone could help me with this problem. Thanks and more power to you guys.

P.S. If there is an info needed regarding my phone. Please post it here. Thanks.

hackenhack
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman_04 View Post
Please help me about rooting this unit. I badly need it. I searched on the internet for weeks now but I can't seem to find an effective procedure in rooting my phone. I hope someone could help me with this problem. Thanks and more power to you guys.

P.S. If there is an info needed regarding my phone. Please post it here. Thanks.
I've also been searching for weeks with no luck. But I think there is still hope. We just need to unlock our bootloader. How? Well that's what we need to find out.

ratman_04
Old
(Last edited by ratman_04; 25th September 2013 at 06:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackenhack View Post
I've also been searching for weeks with no luck. But I think there is still hope. We just need to unlock our bootloader. How? Well that's what we need to find out.
Dude. I think we really should find it out because there is so much potential in this phone when it is rooted. Additionally, I think I have found a way in unlocking the bootloader of our device. This may help.

addictivetips..com/ mobile /what-is-bootloader-and-how-to-unlock-bootloader- on-android-phones-complete-guide/

hackenhack
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Dude. I think we really should find it out because there is so much potential in this phone when it is rooted. Additionally, I think I have found a way in unlocking the bootloader of our device. This may help.

addictivetips..com/ mobile /what-is-bootloader-and-how-to-unlock-bootloader- on-android-phones-complete-guide/
Have you tried that method? I'm gonna try it also. We need to root this damn phone!

ratman_04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Have you tried that method? I'm gonna try it also. We need to root this damn phone!
No. I haven't yet. Because the PCs in our office need administrative privileges and I can't install the apps needed. DAMN.

hackenhack
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
No. I haven't yet. Because the PCs in our office need administrative privileges and I can't install the apps needed. DAMN.
Alright! I'll try to unlock it after my prepaid data expires. I don't have a back up phone atm if **** happens LOL. Please tell me though if you have the chance to try it.

ratman_04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Alright! I'll try to unlock it after my prepaid data expires. I don't have a back up phone atm if **** happens LOL. Please tell me though if you have the chance to try it.
Dude.. i will try this method tomorrow. take a look at this thread. I Think this is it.

symbianize.com/ showthread.php?t=980013

if you can't see the thread have an account there. it's free..

hackenhack
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Dude.. i will try this method tomorrow. take a look at this thread. I Think this is it.

symbianize.com/ showthread.php?t=980013

if you can't see the thread have an account there. it's free..
I tried that method a couple of times, but it didn't work. The only solution I could think of is unlocking the boot loader first. After we've unlock it, any method of rooting will work.

ratman_04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I tried that method a couple of times, but it didn't work. The only solution I could think of is unlocking the boot loader first. After we've unlock it, any method of rooting will work.
oh. i see.. how the hell do we root this thing.. hahah

Khyle M.
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up good news!!!!

Quote:
oh. i see.. how the hell do we root this thing.. hahah
I just found solution to root my phone days ago search vroot and download install and root but you need also mtkdroidtools so you can shell root then also install cwm using mtktools go to root backup recovery and press to use boot from phone and done click yes on the first and second no then boot to recovery and done!!!