Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

esn/meid zeros out when flashing custom roms.

OP threesix10

17th April 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
Hello Everyone,

I am having the weirdest issue, this has never happened to me before. Everytime i try to flash a custom rom it goes through and boots and everything runs smoothly but i have no service. When i check my device information in the settings menu my MEID is zeroed out as well as my prl, phone number, etc everything just turns to zeros. when i flash back to stock mk4 everything is back. I can flash any rom based off mk4 and everything will work fine. but any other rom aosp, cyanogenmod, etc i get zeroed out. anyone know what the issue may be or how i can prevent this from happening. I have tried multiple roms all have the same issue.
17th April 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 670

807 posts
More
First check the obvious and make sure you are flashing the correct AOSP ROM for the Sprint Note 2 aka SPHL900.

If that's all good then you might need to start over and odin flash the stock MC2 with flash counter reset (found in development forum). After that use the Note 2 ToolKit found in original development forum and reroot your phone with it. At the same time you will also need to make sure you choose the ALL IN ONE (root, insecure boot image & recovery) option. Once you complete this you will want to immediately flash a current recovery such as Phil's 6.07.9 so have that zip already on your memory card before you start anything. Once you have a current 4.3 compatible recovery then reboot the stock rooted MC2 and immediately go to dialer and dial ##72786# to do a hands-free activation. This will ensure all your phone's provisioning is done before going to a different rom. Once that's done you can flash your rom of choice. Done

FYI: AOSP ROMS have specific instructions for install and initial setup so follow the OP's instructions. Also you must SKIP the phone activation portion upon initial setup of some AOSP ROMS. I just wanted to point that out in case you didn't know.
Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 17th April 2014 at 07:48 PM.
27th April 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #3  
rockford,il
Thanks Meter: 186

975 posts
Your lucky that happen to my phone but the stuff don't come back . So now i have a mini tablet

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th May 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
I have tried these things and still the same issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebeatz1234

Your lucky that happen to my phone but the stuff don't come back . So now i have a mini tablet

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

5th May 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threesix10

I have tried these things and still the same issues.

try installing LJ4 and then re-flashing. MD4 caused that issue for me. Check my post in this forum too, and add your results.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread