Thread Closed

Xperia Z2 stupit camera overheat.

OP kkkok8051

1st May 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag kl
Thanks Meter: 52

230 posts
@today my daughter sport day I m use the z2 for photo shot n video record, what the stupit sony xperia z2 camera not use more than half an hour already overheat and the camera app stop working an force close it self. I lost my daughter beautiful moments!!! Sony what you do the detail make the different?!!! Can I wait the stupit device cool down or I told them to stop the event first until my stupit device cool down and keep on shoting n record !!!!???? No more sony Device. Back to samsung!!!!!!! This is serious problem when u had someting important to record n you stupit sony Z2 told you I overheat hot hot hot I need to cool down first, What the Sony your answer??!! Please share.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by kkkok8051; 1st May 2014 at 04:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kkkok8051 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #2  
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 327

1,502 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkok8051

@today my daughter sport day I m use the z2 for photo shot n video record, what the stupit sony xperia z2 camera not use more than half an hour already overheat and the camera app stop working an force close it self. I lost my daughter beautiful moments!!! Sony what you do the detail make the different?!!! Can I wait the stupit device cool down or I told them to stop the event first until my stupit device cool down and keep on shoting n record !!!!???? No more sony Device. Back to samsung!!!!!!! This is serious problem when u had someting important to record n you stupit sony Z2 told you I overheat hot hot hot I need to cool down first, What the Sony your answer??!! Please share.

I have to postpone my z2 purchase. Thank for sharing.

Send from my C6903 using TapatalkPro
my SG device: Z1 rooted 136 ROM by NUT with 2.7.123 xzdualrecovery, mod by GavityBox 3.1.0 [JB]
Samsung S2 in sleeping mode.
1st May 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag kl

230 posts
Yes this make me soooooooo madddddd!!!!!!!!!
At least let more people know in the market not only sony device, we have more choices!

I miss my daughter sport day beautiful movement n memory!!!!! This memory can't use money buy it.

Sony said etails make the different

I said: details make sony stupit.

I also report to sony about this happen.

This is call Sony Smartphone!!!!! Who agree that? We paid the high price n get this kind the stupitphone funtion (overheat n force close)!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sony do you know what is mean of smart.
If you don't know use google translate to find out.

Sony shame of you.

Last edited by kkkok8051; 1st May 2014 at 05:06 AM.
1st May 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkok8051

Were you recording in 4k? To be honest, I've never heard of anybody using their phone to record a 30 minute video. Even my Canon DSLR will have to take time to cool down when recording videos for long periods of time.

Also, I understand you're mad but is it really necessary to copy and paste the same comment on every thread? I may be a lurker but I still want to see actual discussions. I don't want to see your spamming.
Last edited by HeartUnderBlade; 1st May 2014 at 05:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeartUnderBlade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #5  
Flag Ho Chi Minh
Thanks Meter: 106

479 posts
More
To prevent Overheat in camera. Go to setting > apps > all and delete all social app and unnecessary apps
1st May 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag kl

230 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartUnderBlade

Were you recording in 4k? To be honest, I've never heard of anybody using their phone to record a 30 minute video. Even my Canon DSLR will have to take time to cool down when recording videos for long periods of time.

Also, I understand you're mad but is it really necessary to copy and paste the same comment on every thread? I may be a lurker but I still want to see actual discussions. I don't want to see your spamming.

I just record use for superior auto. And you no need record to 30 min,
5 to 8 min record 5 to 10 pictures shooting after that post on Facebook. Later second event start keep shooting n video recording and your smartphone suddenly close down!!!!!!
Bro I think we had responsibility to share what problem we face it and find out some solution. You think this is my first sony device? I m sony fans. Scene on Sony Ericsson T10.

Not only this problem.
I brought smartwatch n smartband together pair with my z2 when I use my smartwatch media player my device will restart. I try to reset my smartwatch n reinstall update of my device problem still not solve. Hello!!! It this I paid for and get this kind the service from sony?

Battery drain I can accept it because in the same time I use bluetooh to connected two smart wear.
Device get it hot I also can accept it, because this z2 is waterproof n dustproof.
But this camera close down I can't accept it!!!!!!!
My BMW won't told me need for cool down temporary because of overheat.

If I make you uncomfortable at xda forum, please forgive me. I just want to share what problem I face, and also report this problem at xperia care department. Hope sony can give us fully support and solution.

I told you a secret last year My Z ultra also like this problem. After 1 week I traded in.

1st May 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #7  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 127

500 posts
More
The phone is water proof so I'd recommend having a bucket of iced water to dump it in for a couple of minutes to cool it down. Should then be good for another half hours 4k recording session. Just kidding mate. Maybe you could take the phone back and get a refund or replacement. It is a known issue after all

1st May 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 79

157 posts
Were you recording in 1080p or 4K ?
1st May 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag kl

230 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El.Guaje

To prevent Overheat in camera. Go to setting > apps > all and delete all social app and unnecessary apps

Yes, bro thanks for you suggestions, just now I also received one msg said convert those video n pictures in the internal storage don't use sd card to save it.

You know what, For Example I buy a 4 wheels drive but you cannot drive at extreme way only at highway. You get what i mean.
Or I buy the smartphone and the smartphone told me when I hot may not funtional and will be close down. (WHAT IS MEAN OF SMARTPHONE)
Or I buy the beer and without the alcohol.
(WHY I NEED TO DRINK BEER)

Why sony camera app can let us save our pictures n video at sd card? Because sony camera app setting got this features! But sony said will make your device unstable except you use class 10 sd card (yes my it class 10 32g sd card).
Do you think really stable when I use class 10????

1st May 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag kl

230 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchopop

The phone is water proof so I'd recommend having a bucket of iced water to dump it in for a couple of minutes to cool it down. Should then be good for another half hours 4k recording session. Just kidding mate. Maybe you could take the phone back and get a refund or replacement. It is a known issue after all

Hahaha! Good idea but no more next time to use this device.

sent from my sm-n9005 samsung

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread