Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia X10 with Android 4.3

Tip us?

Ronald G V A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Talking Xperia X10 with Android 4.3

HEY OUR GREAT DEVELOPERS FOR THE LEGENDARY SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X10

As you know, days ago. Google has shown the Android 4.3 ... I Hope We will see Android 4.3, which is faster and stable than 4.2, in our great Xperia X10. Don't forget Xperia X10 was the First Sony with Android System, so Let's start a new project in this Amazing Smartphone ... It doesn't matter if the first Rom 4.3 for Xperia X10 is Google Edition, CM, AOSP ... Stock (lol) jaja ... Xperia X10 NEVER DIES

Thanks a lot
Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520 - Unlocked Bootloader
Rom: Windows Phone 8 with Lumia Black (Black Edition) «PureView™ & DolbySurround® Powered»
Kernel: Windows NT Hybrid Kernel
Former Phone & Tweaks: Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10i (Sensous Black) - Unlocked Bootloader [Project Xtreme; Fly-On Mod & PureEngineX]
Former Rom & Kernel: FeraLab v39.0(GB) «X-Reality™ & xLoud™ Powered» | FeraKernel(GB) v24.0 ~1267MHz & 2.1.71 Baseband
SD Card: Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB-XC™ (UHS-I - Class10)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronald G V A For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jianlinooi
Old
Thanks Meter 244
that may refer to tof37 or achotjan would like to work on it?

Ronald G V A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Of couse they would like to work on it ...

IT'S ALL ABOUT X10 NEVER DIES ... SO LET'S WAIT OUR GREAT DEVELOPERS CREATE A ROM 4.3 FOR XPERIA X10
Rom: Windows Phone 8 with Lumia Black (Black Edition) «PureView™ & DolbySurround® Powered»
Former Phone & Tweaks: Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10i (Sensous Black) - Unlocked Bootloader [Project Xtreme; Fly-On Mod & PureEngineX]
Former Rom & Kernel: FeraLab v39.0(GB) «X-Reality™ & xLoud™ Powered» | FeraKernel(GB) v24.0 ~1267MHz & 2.1.71 Baseband

Dr Goodvibes
Old
(Last edited by Dr Goodvibes; 27th July 2013 at 11:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 614
It is hard to know what the thoughts of people are when they say they want Android 4.3 on an XPERIA X10i
I'm all for keeping the XPERIA X10i alive, but Android 4.3 would be in name only and a bit of eye candy.

OpenGL ES 3.0 is NEVER going to run on an Adreno 200 natively and even if you emulate OpenGL ES 3.0 in software, it's not going to improve the XPERIA X10i in any way as an OpenGL ES 3.0 game is hardly going to run on a 1GHz processor with 385MB RAM.
The 2D graphics'll never run a 720p Video in HW accelerated mode in anything other than GB 2.3.3

USB will only be for charging/PC data connection.
No Miracast, no Wi-Fi Direct, no OTG, no MHL, no BT 3.0+HS, no Dolby 5.1 audio, no 802.11n AND we only have 385MB of RAM

Personally I'd suggest developers harden Android 4.1,2 and see what more can be done to improve the Adreno 200 and overall stability/compatibility.

Now this in itself is no small ask as Qualcomm didn't (to my knowledge) release any Adreno 200 drivers for anything above GB 2.3.3

I'd like to see the XPERIA X10i live a full and rich life at Android 4.1.2 with a great GPU, rather than a desperate and reckless life beyond that.

The XPERIA X10i will truly live on when someone creates HW acceleration in the Adreno 200 above 2.3.3

- I have not checked FeraVolt new Adreno mods
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Goodvibes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ronald G V A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Goodvibes View Post
It is hard to know what the thoughts of people are when they say they want Android 4.3 on an XPERIA X10i
I'm all for keeping the XPERIA X10i alive, but Android 4.3 would be in name only and a bit of eye candy.

OpenGL ES 3.0 is NEVER going to run on an Adreno 200 natively and even if you emulate OpenGL ES 3.0 in software, it's not going to improve the XPERIA X10i in any way as an OpenGL ES 3.0 game is hardly going to run on a 1GHz processor with 385MB RAM.
The 2D graphics'll never run a 720p Video in HW accelerated mode in anything other than GB 2.3.3

USB will only be for charging/PC data connection.
No Miracast, no Wi-Fi Direct, no OTG, no MHL, no BT 3.0+HS, no Dolby 5.1 audio, no 802.11n AND we only have 385MB of RAM

Personally I'd suggest developers harden Android 4.1,2 and see what more can be done to improve the Adreno 200 and overall stability/compatibility.

Now this in itself is no small ask as Qualcomm didn't (to my knowledge) release any Adreno 200 drivers for anything above GB 2.3.3

I'd like to see the XPERIA X10i live a full and rich life at Android 4.1.2 with a great GPU, rather than a desperate and reckless life beyond that.

The XPERIA X10i will truly live on when someone creates HW acceleration in the Adreno 200 above 2.3.3

- I have not checked FeraVolt new Adreno mods
Wow It's so Dissapointed :'(

Dr Goodvibes
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald G V A View Post
Wow It's so Dissapointed :'(
Disappointed? I can't think why.

I use my XPERIA X10i v2.3.3 daily

1800mAh battery (1-5 days)
64GB SanDisk
Samba Filesharing allowing file sharing of 64GB microSD card
I have Link2SD on second partition
54 FPS 2D Graphics
DoomKernel clocked at ~1.15GHz
XPERIA S feature set with weather widget, screen print and etc
Stream Music(Neutron MP) and Videos(BSPlayer) from my NAS,
Watch live TV streamed from my NAS.
Generally 80MB RAM free operationally

XDA Developers will continue to improve the Android experience on the XPERIA X10i and for those still using this almost iconic device, there is much to look forward to. There is no reason to think there won't be improvements for the XPERIA X10i in the future. It may be components of Android 4.3 or some other version, but at the end of the day, it's all good.

Ronald G V A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:

64GB SanDisk
54 FPS 2D Graphics

XDA Developers will continue to improve the Android experience on the XPERIA X10i and for those still using this almost iconic device, there is much to look forward to. There is no reason to think there won't be improvements for the XPERIA X10i in the future. It may be components of Android 4.3 or some other version, but at the end of the day, it's all good.
!!! Heey Heeey Bro

I have GB Rom too Thanks for yout advices.. BUT I NEED YOU TO EXPLAIN ME SOMETHING...

I JUST BOUGHT A " SanDisk 32GB HC Class 10"" Micro SD, But When I boot my Phone, and It is in the Home Launcher, It crashes and Reboot :/ ... Can you help me? ... Because I think the Xperia X10 is Incompatible with 32GB MicroSD Card

What is Lindk2SD?? ... It can be possible, to system patition? ... Wow I really excited to hear that Explain me Senior Member

So DoomKernel is better than FeraKernel? :/

6thsurvivor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Since you gain nothing but a higher number, why are you dissapointed? 4.3 gives you nothing! Really.
Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to 6thsurvivor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ronald G V A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:

64GB SanDisk
54 FPS 2D Graphics

Heeey Bro Can you explain that of the 64GB MicroSD??

Because I've just bought a MicroSD 32GB HC SanDisk and It doesn't work ... It makes crashes and Reboots in my Xperia X10 ... can you help me? ... and What is Link 2SD ?? Please I would like to have a second system partition, thanks a lot

Dr Goodvibes
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald G V A View Post
Heeey Bro Can you explain that of the 64GB MicroSD??

Because I've just bought a MicroSD 32GB HC SanDisk and It doesn't work ... It makes crashes and Reboots in my Xperia X10 ... can you help me? ... and What is Link 2SD ?? Please I would like to have a second system partition, thanks a lot
Nothing to explain. It's a 64GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I, re-fromated to FAT32 with a cluster size of 32KB.

I've also used 32GB SankDisk cards without problems.

The Sony Ericsson X10i white paper states a 32GB microSD card is supported on an XPERIA X10i. (Revision 5 Sept 2010)

I suggest you open a Question & Answer post regarding your 32GB microSD card and find out where you went wrong or if the card is faulty/fake.

Google Play Link2SD then Google Link2SD as there's mountains of information on configuration options and partition tools to do it.

DoomKernel is one of many Kernels that provides 'robust' support for overclocking and additional features.
I use it because it supports my requirements, not because it's better or worse than any other Kernel.

Tags
android 4.3, rom, xperia x10