[Q] At&t phone on Tmobile network

Search This thread

graycd01

May 3, 2014
A friend upgraded his phone to the note 3 and gave me his At&t note 2. I am with Tmobile. I am going to have it unlocked. I want to root it and flash a rom to it. Since its was on At&t network do I flash it with a rom from the At&t section or Tmobile section? If i am missing anything else that is required other than which section to use for rom flashing please feel free to inform me.

seejeremy

Dec 18, 2011
Auburn, Al
A friend upgraded his phone to the note 3 and gave me his At&t note 2. I am with Tmobile. I am going to have it unlocked. I want to root it and flash a rom to it. Since its was on At&t network do I flash it with a rom from the At&t section or Tmobile section? If i am missing anything else that is required other than which section to use for rom flashing please feel free to inform me.

You can flash just about any rom from the AT&T section because most do not flash over the modem you have installed. I believe the DN3 rom is the only exception to this rule. For AOSP based roms, you can flash any of the roms here. You may also want to check the N7105 XDA area because it has more options than the TMO Note 2 section.

Bajan will probably add more clarification here because he has a TMO and AT&T Note 2 and visits all 3 forum areas.

Reactions: gregsarg

aaroncrooks14

Apr 30, 2014
save some Dough!!

I have a AT&T i337 lost service then went to local cell store.. Switched to Met==PCS.. 60/month unlimited data.. Plus they are on the T-Mobile network just as good just cheaper.. I haven't been throttled at all that I can tell...

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
I have the ATT Note 2 and currently using it with TMo and I am getting LTE speed and HSPA+ on the reform 1900 area. You don't have to do anything with the modem as long as you have it unlocked. I have only been using ATT based rom on my phone. And everything works, MMS, data, call etc. I do encounter some issue where it hangs while pulling data (not too often) but for most part it works great. I either just have to turn the network on/off or just a restart. I do not use any of the Tmo software like visual voice mail or wifi calling (as you won't be able to use it with any of the ATT ROM).

TheDougTechCrew

Dec 5, 2012
DC
www.youtube.com
I have a One X on T-Mobile from AT&T and so far everything is great. Just have to be in a 1900 MHZ or LTE area to get high speed data.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Free mobile app

ojai00

Jul 6, 2010
New York
I also have the i317 on T-Mobile. I am using the latest MK6 modem for the i317. You can also optionally perform the AWS Mod to enable 4G on the 1700MHz band. Whatever you do, make sure you do not flash a modem meant for the T-Mobile Note 2 (T889) or you will end up with a brick. As was already mentioned any of the ROMs in the Development section will work for this device.

SpiffySelf018@yahoo.com

May 8, 2014
lahore

You can flash it with a rom from Tmobile Section

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can flash just about any rom from the AT&T section because most do not flash over the modem you have installed. I believe the DN3 rom is the only exception to this rule. For AOSP based roms, you can flash any of the roms here. You may also want to check the N7105 XDA area because it has more options than the TMO Note 2 section.

Bajan will probably add more clarification here because he has a TMO and AT&T Note 2 and visits all 3 forum areas.