Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need root to delete wrong APN?

OP Disastro

6th May 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I recently bought a used AT&T Galaxy S4 i337 that came with 4.4.2 and NC1. I have a Net10 SIM in it and everything works save for MMS messaging. I created a new APN with the correct Net10 settings and selected it but the AT&T APN is greyed-out cannot be removed and appears to still be in use in regards to MMS (there's a little box that says "Turn APN on/off" that can't be unchecked).

I've been scouring this site for the past few days an cannot find a solution for just deleting a "locked" APN from this phone. I was hoping to find an easy solution but everything points to downgrading to get root and then manually deleting of editing the offending APN? Need to get this working regardless so it doesn't matter how difficult this will be.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread