Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC calculator app

Tip us?

fr0st420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Default HTC calculator app

The stock Rom does not include a stand alone app. Here is a working apk. You have to copy it to /system/app in twrp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmvbd7ozwp...Calculator.apk

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fr0st420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcwups1
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Didn't install. I guess you have to go through TWRP?

fr0st420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1 View Post
Didn't install. I guess you have to go through TWRP?
schmeggy929 made some flashable zips for the flashlight and calculator. Try these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51499514
The Following User Says Thank You to fr0st420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aaron130
Old
Thanks Meter 285
How could HTC not put a calculator app in the phone? What are they thinking? I use the calculator ALOT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fr0st420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
How could HTC not put a calculator app in the phone? What are they thinking? I use the calculator ALOT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Doesn't make sense to me either. You would think a calculator would be on all phones by now by default.

eric00716
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st420 View Post
Doesn't make sense to me either. You would think a calculator would be on all phones by now by default.
I think it gets deleted from data/preload when you unlock bootloader since it wipes data
Screw you guys i'm going home

ahecht
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st420 View Post
The stock Rom does not include a stand alone app. Here is a working apk. You have to copy it to /system/app in twrp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmvbd7ozwp...Calculator.apk

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
That's the sense 5.5 calculator. The sense 6.0 calculator from /data/preload (the one that gets deleted when you unlock) is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Calculator.apk - [Click for QR Code] (108.5 KB, 7504 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahecht For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aaron130
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
That's the sense 5.5 calculator. The sense 6.0 calculator from /data/preload (the one that gets deleted when you unlock) is attached.
Can this just be installed regularly? Or does it have to be flashed in TWRP? Havent got the phone yet, will have it Wednesday just trying to get all my stuff ready for when it comes.

AarSyl
Old
Thanks Meter 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
Can this just be installed regularly? Or does it have to be flashed in TWRP? Havent got the phone yet, will have it Wednesday just trying to get all my stuff ready for when it comes.
Typically, system apps can't install by conventional methods (although there are a few exceptions, Google Maps being one of them). You have to use a file manager to push the file to /system/app as listed above, and be sure to set the permissions. The permissions should match the rest of the apks in the folder.

If you don't know how to get the permissions to match the other files, then check the permissions of another apk that does match, and use the same layout.

ahecht
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl View Post
Typically, system apps can't install by conventional methods (although there are a few exceptions, Google Maps being one of them). You have to use a file manager to push the file to /system/app as listed above, and be sure to set the permissions. The permissions should match the rest of the apks in the folder.

If you don't know how to get the permissions to match the other files, then check the permissions of another apk that does match, and use the same layout.
It's not originally from /system/app/, and people on other threads have been able to install them in the conventional way.