Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

A better QuickRemote app

OP BigBadSheep

25th June 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 60

192 posts
More
Hi everyone
I have one question: does anyone know how to improve or add more devices to the quickremote app, besides those presets. I mean, for air conditioning, I can't add my device, a Comfee, that quickremote won't see it. Or to add more functions to the remote, apart changing channels, volume, source input.
Thanks for any reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBadSheep For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 49

232 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadSheep

Hi everyone
I have one question: does anyone know how to improve or add more devices to the quickremote app, besides those presets. I mean, for air conditioning, I can't add my device, a Comfee, that quickremote won't see it. Or to add more functions to the remote, apart changing channels, volume, source input.
Thanks for any reply.

There is the universal remote function, which lets you create the remote by learning. Use that.
26th June 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiendFyre

There is the universal remote function, which lets you create the remote by learning. Use that.

i tried universal remote but that also didnt worked for my lloyd ac remote dont know what's the problem
26th June 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 285

410 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asankurs

i tried universal remote but that also didnt worked for my lloyd ac remote dont know what's the problem

You might not be doing it right. (no offence)

If you have a remote that works with an IR Blaster the quick remote will learn it flawlessly,

BUT if you have a remote that works on Radio frequency (like some AC long range remotes) it OBVIOUSLY will not work.

Make sure your remote has an IR (InfraRed) LED.
26th June 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #5  
Flag Margao,Goa
Thanks Meter: 709

1,703 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadSheep

Hi everyone
Thanks for any reply.

lg didnt use the standard libs to make the IR work on our devices, hence other apps dont work. my friend uses some app from playstore which has a online library of almost EVERY DEVICE OUT THERE ! on his galaxy s4. so to piss him off i showed him 60 fps videos , but sadly that still means no much ir support for us
27th June 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoljosh

You might not be doing it right. (no offence)

If you have a remote that works with an IR Blaster the quick remote will learn it flawlessly,

BUT if you have a remote that works on Radio frequency (like some AC long range remotes) it OBVIOUSLY will not work.

Make sure your remote has an IR (InfraRed) LED.

My remote has an IR LED ... I tried before also that using my samsung tv remote and universal remote that worked

but after learning keys of lloyd Ac the buttons of universal remote dont don anything ... how can i make it work ?
27th June 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 729

3,049 posts
More
i have carrier ac it also didnt had support for that but my device easily learned all the buttons of my ac remote and now i dont know where my actual remote is. my device remote is working absolutely fine with no problem.

if u have rooted mobile then try changing country and region in build prop where u live. because i saw many people saying that after changing region and country they got more products listed in remote.
27th June 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #8  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,013

4,956 posts
Does Smart IR Remote work on the G2? I heard a lot of praise for it when I had the Note 3.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
27th June 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #9  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 729

3,049 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034

Does Smart IR Remote work on the G2? I heard a lot of praise for it when I had the Note 3.

nope no remote works on lg except native lg app
27th June 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #10  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,013

4,956 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mor_1228

nope no remote works on lg except native lg app

That sucks. Why do all these companies have to try to be different with the little things like that? It's an IR Blaster LG. No one is gonna care, or even notice, if you use different libs than Samsung or other companies.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread