Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,953 Members 36,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A better QuickRemote app

Tip us?

BigBadSheep
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default A better QuickRemote app

Hi everyone
I have one question: does anyone know how to improve or add more devices to the quickremote app, besides those presets. I mean, for air conditioning, I can't add my device, a Comfee, that quickremote won't see it. Or to add more functions to the remote, apart changing channels, volume, source input.
Thanks for any reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBadSheep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FiendFyre
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadSheep View Post
Hi everyone
I have one question: does anyone know how to improve or add more devices to the quickremote app, besides those presets. I mean, for air conditioning, I can't add my device, a Comfee, that quickremote won't see it. Or to add more functions to the remote, apart changing channels, volume, source input.
Thanks for any reply.
There is the universal remote function, which lets you create the remote by learning. Use that.

asankurs
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiendFyre View Post
There is the universal remote function, which lets you create the remote by learning. Use that.
i tried universal remote but that also didnt worked for my lloyd ac remote dont know what's the problem

ingoljosh
Old
Thanks Meter 253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asankurs View Post
i tried universal remote but that also didnt worked for my lloyd ac remote dont know what's the problem
You might not be doing it right. (no offence)

If you have a remote that works with an IR Blaster the quick remote will learn it flawlessly,

BUT if you have a remote that works on Radio frequency (like some AC long range remotes) it OBVIOUSLY will not work.

Make sure your remote has an IR (InfraRed) LED.

shriom_manerker
Old
Thanks Meter 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadSheep View Post
Hi everyone
Thanks for any reply.
lg didnt use the standard libs to make the IR work on our devices, hence other apps dont work. my friend uses some app from playstore which has a online library of almost EVERY DEVICE OUT THERE ! on his galaxy s4. so to piss him off i showed him 60 fps videos , but sadly that still means no much ir support for us
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Current Device -LG G2
Past Devices- Galaxy Nexus,Galaxy Sl i9003
Click "Thanks" if i helped
For More Social Interactions join these Facebook Groups
LG G2
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LGG2AndroidDevelopment/
Samsung Galaxy SL
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalaxySLGROUP/
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NexusPrime/

asankurs
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoljosh View Post
You might not be doing it right. (no offence)

If you have a remote that works with an IR Blaster the quick remote will learn it flawlessly,

BUT if you have a remote that works on Radio frequency (like some AC long range remotes) it OBVIOUSLY will not work.

Make sure your remote has an IR (InfraRed) LED.
My remote has an IR LED ... I tried before also that using my samsung tv remote and universal remote that worked

but after learning keys of lloyd Ac the buttons of universal remote dont don anything ... how can i make it work ?

mor_1228
Old
Thanks Meter 709
i have carrier ac it also didnt had support for that but my device easily learned all the buttons of my ac remote and now i dont know where my actual remote is. my device remote is working absolutely fine with no problem.

if u have rooted mobile then try changing country and region in build prop where u live. because i saw many people saying that after changing region and country they got more products listed in remote.

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 983
Does Smart IR Remote work on the G2? I heard a lot of praise for it when I had the Note 3.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

mor_1228
Old
Thanks Meter 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034 View Post
Does Smart IR Remote work on the G2? I heard a lot of praise for it when I had the Note 3.

nope no remote works on lg except native lg app

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mor_1228 View Post
nope no remote works on lg except native lg app
That sucks. Why do all these companies have to try to be different with the little things like that? It's an IR Blaster LG. No one is gonna care, or even notice, if you use different libs than Samsung or other companies.

*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77