No registration required

[NO ROOT] Android L softkeys for LG G2

OP vPro97

26th June 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 978

1,190 posts
Hello xda!
First of all, huge thanks to @AyDee who has helped me do this! I am VERY thankful for his great help and I couldn't do this without him!

Picture within this spoiler. Be warned, the picture is huge (1920x1080p)

PLEASE NOTE: Since these Softkeys are targeted at non-root users, the icon for "recent apps" is used instead of the "menu" buttons. This might not please everybody, but if you want me to change it, just request it!

The icons used in the first version for Quickmemo and Notification panel drop-down are grey AOSP ones. If you want the "original" where Recents, back and home are Android L-themed, please look further below.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
First version where the "menu" softkeys are themed as "recents" - this is mostly for non-root users who'd like the look of stock AOSP, but cannot get the "recents"- button on their navbarhttps://www.sendspace.com/file/hi7vqq

Second version: There was a request for a "normal" one, download that here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5j6wiipbz...tkeys.apk?dl=0
Changes: Back, Home, Recents, Qmemo and Menu are Android L themed, . Credits for navbar base: @AyDee. Credits for menu and Qmemo icons go to motomoto00. This one is what you would use if you are rooted and have the recent apps button. This one DOES indeed work!
Updated as of November 22.

2.0 (Black Icons on White Background
Download here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ymykax
Back, Home and Recent buttons are Android L-themed, Qmemo and notification dropdown are custom.
If you have any requests, please let me know!

Installation instructions
After installing the APK, go into "Settings", "Display", "Front Touch Buttons" and lastly go into "Colour". Then either pick AOSP vPro97 Softkeys or AOSP Softkeys (depending on which one you downloaded).

The only way to make these custom icons stick on home screen on a non-rooted device is by disabling transparancy in Settings-Screen-Touch Buttons menu. With a rooted device, install either G2Tweaksbox or G3Tweaksbox depending on which rom you are using. These custom icons work on both G2 roms and G3 ported roms and you can easily uninstall it again.
Last edited by vPro97; 22nd November 2014 at 10:58 AM.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chorley
Thanks Meter: 125

417 posts
More
Possibly an utterly daft question, and I should frankly know better. But, I assume being rooted wont be a problem to having these?

Also, as I use g2 Tweaksbox and xposed and bleed immersive mode etc, would that all work with these icons?
26th June 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 65

179 posts
Great softkeys, pls make 'normal' edition where recent is recent button and menu ise menu...
26th June 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 922

1,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolder

Possibly an utterly daft question, and I should frankly know better. But, I assume being rooted wont be a problem to having these?

Also, as I use g2 Tweaksbox and xposed and bleed immersive mode etc, would that all work with these icons?

They will work fine
The Following User Says Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikulic1802

Great softkeys, pls make 'normal' edition where recent is recent button and menu ise menu...

I'll make that once I have the official menu softkey! Might not do it before Monday since I have an exam, so please be patient!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th June 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chorley

417 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyDee

They will work fine

Downloaded and installed. Any help about how to set them as default? I went to settings - front touch buttons - but it takes me to g2 xposed nav bar settings. I can get to thw point where I can select a new icon but can't find these.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgolder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag Mobile

1,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

I'll make that once I have the official menu softkey! Might not do it before Monday since I have an exam, so please be patient!

If you want I can make some mockup/concept versions of the missing keys based on the ones we have.

Quote:

Downloaded and installed. Any help about how to set them as default? I went to settings - front touch buttons - but it takes me to g2 xposed nav bar settings. I can get to thw point where I can select a new icon but can't find these.

You might have to disable G2 xposed or at least the nav bar options. It seems it overrides the stock front touch button options. In G2 xposed you just load png images of each key and it will not work with the TweaksBox options.

Edit- I haven't used bleed immersive. I was thinking of tinted status bar option in TweaksBox which works the same. Not sure how it will work with BIM...
Last edited by AyDee; 26th June 2014 at 07:27 PM.
26th June 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #8  
Flag Chorley

417 posts
More
Disabled the nav bar settings and tried installing again. Took me to the buttons menu in settings. They werent there to choose, will prob leave it for now, am just getting impatient for L already ha ha.
26th June 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #9  
Flag Mobile

1,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Disabled the nav bar settings and tried installing again. Took me to the buttons menu in settings. They werent there to choose, will prob leave it for now, am just getting impatient for L already ha ha.

They are labeled AOSP VPro97 or something like that.
26th June 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

1,190 posts
Yeah I'm sorry, I don't know how to rename them just yet. I'm hoping to learn that before my next batch of softkeys!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread