Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Is 2K resolution a gimmick, or an awesome feature?
Gimmick 8 44.44%
Awesome 10 55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Info 2 Vivo Xplay 3S finally breaks the barrier as world's first 2K phone

OP jacide

18th December 2013, 05:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Just when it looked as Samsung will be the first, or even Oppo who boasted they will do it first just yesterday, Vivo, at Beijing's Water Cube event center in China, has finally released the world's first mobile phone with 2560x1440 pixels resolution.

The Vivo Xplay 3S features a massive 6" 2560x1440pixels QHD(not the same as qHD) display with a PPI sum of 490 — though huge, but unfortunately not crashing through the 500 PPI barrier as expected(if it came with a 5.5-inch screen).

The phone is powered by's Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB SoC, 2.3GHz Krait 400 CPU, 3GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. The power juice is supplied by a 3200mAh battery. The Xplay 3S sports a 13MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, and can record 1080p motion pictures.

Now, away from the basics, the Vivo Xplay 3S is the model of a 2014 flagship. A fingerprint sensor just below the flash and stereo speakers at the back makes you wanna wish Santa for one right away.

Is the 2K resolution a bad-ass feature or a gimmick?

Source: bestmobs.com/vivo-xplay-3s-finally-breaks-the-worlds-first-2k-phone/
Last edited by jacide; 18th December 2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: To add source
21st December 2013, 07:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacide

Just when it looked as Samsung will be the first, or even Oppo who boasted they will do it first just yesterday, Vivo, at Beijing's Water Cube event center in China, has finally released the world's first mobile phone with 2560x1440 pixels resolution.

The Vivo Xplay 3S features a massive 6" 2560x1440pixels QHD(not the same as qHD) display with a PPI sum of 490 though huge, but unfortunately not crashing through the 500 PPI barrier as expected(if it came with a 5.5-inch screen).

The phone is powered by's Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB SoC, 2.3GHz Krait 400 CPU, 3GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. The power juice is supplied by a 3200mAh battery. The Xplay 3S sports a 13MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, and can record 1080p motion pictures.

Now, away from the basics, the Vivo Xplay 3S is the model of a 2014 flagship. A fingerprint sensor just below the flash and stereo speakers at the back makes you wanna wish Santa for one right away.

Is the 2K resolution a bad-ass feature or a gimmick?

Source: bestmobs.com/vivo-xplay-3s-finally-breaks-the-worlds-first-2k-phone/

Not quite sute if our eye will be able to catch the difference of such a display. Personally I can't tell the difference between a galaxy S3 and galaxy S4...
25th December 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 6

89 posts
More
Check out this video by MKBHD. He has a very good point about this 2K displays.

http://youtu.be/E0_JrUNevdc
10th February 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #4  
Newark NJ
Thanks Meter: 5

155 posts
Donate to Me
More
Note also
That Vivo is Made under OPPO's umbrella so technically speaking well you know the rest they are the first lol I want this phone so bad just for its advanced audio for wired music I cant find it anywhere I can trust to purchase it so ill wait some time it will be this the S5 or the find 7 another Oppo device! excited for either or mainly this one my last resource will be to ask a college friend who lives in china right now to go look for it for me lol
Last edited by corelle; 10th February 2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: added more.
18th May 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 32

222 posts
More
vivo xplay 3s seller
hey there,
here is the link for a trusted seller,he had problems shipping before but is now using TNT to ship and all is going smoothly,once you click on the vivo button you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and post questions to the seller,he will also put google on it for you before shipping
and i must say it is an awesome device...the antutu benchmark blows everything else out of the water,the only two cons are you cannot replace the battery and no ex sd other than that it just rocks...oh and you have to learn the os because there is no manual for it
http://www.liaow.com/huaweilist.php
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread