- If You READ These Instructions FIRST, THEN Follow Them, You Will Be Running Stock KitKat 4.4.2 In No Time * * *
EVERYTHING you need in one place to update from 4.3 to 4.4.2 on your Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3 ! ! !
This is a compilation of instructions that I used on my SM-N900V Verizon Note 3...
* * *Verified Knox 0x0* * * <-- I've run this process DOZENS of times, Knox still 0x0!
***Beanstown106's & Hashcode's OPs are the foundation for these instructions, BOTH Devs are top notch and PHENOMENAL***
RATE & Click THANKS If This Thread Was Helpful Report ANY Broken/Outdated Links
Verify USB DEBUGGING is CHECKED in system settings>developer option (click 'BASEBAND VERSION or BUILD VERSION' in 'About Phone' 7 times to UNHIDE Developer Option) also verify UNKNOWN SOURCES is CHECKED & VERIFY APPS is Unchecked in system settings>security.
On PC, go to CONTROL PANEL > Install/Uninstall Programs > uninstall ALL Samsung drivers
Download & Install Samsung Drivers To Your PC (to ensure you have the latest Sammie drivers)
Samsung Device Install Drivers Click "Downloads" tab then choose driver
* * * ATTN: THESE STEPS ARE FOR THE VERIZON RETAIL NOTE 3 (see Beanstown106 OP for Developer Edition steps)* * *
Files Needed To Update To KK 4.4.2 (Stock Image)
Put These Files On Your Desktop PC
- n900v_kk_firmware.tar.md5.zip courtesy of Beanstown106
UNZIP and KEEP the tar.md5 file (DO NOT FLASH THE ZIP FILE)
- Odin 3.09 courtesy of DutchDogg54
***Install Odin and do a test run to ensure Odin "sees" your device BEFORE you start this process*** (optional)
Put These APK Files On Your Ext SdCard (or Int SdCard)
- Latest NC4 Based ALLIANCE ROM courtesy of Team Alliance
- Safestrap-HLTEVZW-3.65 or 3.75.apk 3.65 needed to revert back to JB, 3.75 KK w/ full rom slot support)
courtesy of Hashcode
Say Goodbye To Jelly Bean 4.3
Verify That You Are Running ANY rooted 4.3 Rom on STOCK SLOT & Using SafeStrap 3.71 or earlier
- Boot into stock slot (SS 3.71 or earlier)
- Wipe Stock Slot "Swipe To Factory Reset" (I also wiped INTERNAL DATA for fresh start - NOT REQUIRED)
- Install De-Odexed or ALLIANCE ROM (from sdcard) (Check often for new builds)
- DON'T hit reboot, hit back arrow twice, hit REBOOT, choose DOWNLOAD
- Open Odin on PC
- Connect your device to its USB cable and plug cable into PC
- WAIT for ODIN to populate the COM box (pic 1)
- Verify that "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are CHECKED (under COM box in Option section - pic 1)
- Click "AP" button (PDA if older version of Odin) (pic 2)
- Browse PC and insert file to be flashed (n900v_kk_firmware.tar.md5)
(SKIP TO "WAIT for "START" if you are NOT flashing PIT file)
*Click "PIT" button *USE ONLY IF YOU HAVE PARTITION ISSUES* (pic 3)
*Browse PC and insert file to be flashed (PIT File)
- WAIT for "START" button (pic 4) to be enabled (may take a minute)
- Click START button to begin file install
- Disconnect USB when download is finished, Odin 3.09 will show RESET in upper left corner (device will auto reboot)
- Boot INTO NC2 Stock Image (Stock Slot)
PAY ATTENTION HERE (trust me)
- Install SS 3.75B04 apk (2 steps: Install apk THEN "Install Recovery")
Using a file explorer find SS 3.75B04 APK on sdcard
Install SS 3.75B04 APK like you would install any other app
Once installed, open SS 3.75B04
Grant SU access
THEN hit "Install Recovery" button
- RESTORING APPS & DATA
-It is RECOMMENDED to install apps directly from PLAY after flashing 4.4.2 and NOT allow Google to auto-restore your 4.3 apps & data.
-Some users have had success using Titanium Backup and Rom ToolBox Pro when restoring Apps & App Data (NEVER system apps or data)
but some have had issues as well. - thanks Tada10
-Running previous 4.3 backups on KK 4.4 is NOT advised: galaxies will implode!
Make a Back Up of your new 4.4.2 stock image BEFORE making any choices outside of those recommended by the Devs
*REMINDER* Safestrap 3.72 does not currently support Rom Slots 1-4 (check HERE for SafeStrap 3.75)
* * * DO NOT TAKE ANY FUTURE KITKAT OTA UPDATES * * * read more HERE
HUGE, HUGE Thanks to ALL Those Involved In Bringing KitKat 4.4.2 To Our Note 3 ! ! !
Hashcode's [RECOVERY LOCKED/MJ7,MJE,NC2] Safestrap Recovery v3.72 [2014-04-22 KK BETA] SafeStrap:
Beantown106's ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC2][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/DeOdex [04/23/14]
Alliance Team's *** [ROM] ALLIANCE ROM***
ChainFire - for superSU
SexTape - For the Leaked Kitkat Build
Hashcode - For Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
Sparky_b - For Helping deodex with the alliance kitchen
and Surge1223, Bajasur, hash, sbreen, Obsidian
Remember to SUPPORT THE DEVS who allow you to enjoy KitKat 4.4.2 on your Custom Note 3!
RATE & Click THANKS If This Thread Was Helpful