FORUMS

[Q] Secret video recorder?

502 posts
Thanks Meter: 71

By hurdlejade, Senior Member on 26th December 2013, 10:31 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, has anyone been able to install and use some of the secret video recorders? Basically what I want to achieve is to press an icon, and start a background recording - with camera preview off, and preferably screen off (or just turn on the black screen). maybe we have some talented developers here that could write such an app specially for our gear? $$ donation guaranteed!

26th December 2013, 09:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

Hi, has anyone been able to install and use some of the secret video recorders? Basically what I want to achieve is to press an icon, and start a background recording - with camera preview off, and preferably screen off (or just turn on the black screen). maybe we have some talented developers here that could write such an app specially for our gear? $$ donation guaranteed!

Creep shots eh, bit dodgy dude cant see any other reason for it
The Following User Says Thank You to NZ_Nitro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2013, 09:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Best way to accomplish this is to use your Gear as a webcam and record the stream on your device.

Here is an old thread as a reference: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=tinycam

But I concur your description on usage is disturbing.

Quote:

26th December 2013, 10:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
nothing wrong with my question, similar threads exists about voice recording.
i was looking for a way to record longer video clips, as some sort of dash cam when driving a warehouse trucks.
26th December 2013, 10:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

nothing wrong with my question, similar threads exists about voice recording.
i was looking for a way to record longer video clips, as some sort of dash cam when driving a warehouse trucks.

Well I don't see why you would want secret recording in a truck this post is very very dodgy and should not be encouraged
27th December 2013, 01:44 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
display is what consume most of the power on our gear. turn it off and you gain extra hours of functionality.
if i want to take creepy shots, there are better devices out there.
27th December 2013, 03:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yes it works
I have to pro edition and it works. The thing is you should set the limit to 10 minutes and the resolution is 640x480 and you are good to go even with the screen off
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2013, 06:11 AM |#8  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Clearly the people that are in the Galaxy Gear forum don't understand what you can and can't post.

This request is perfectly logical and is indeed in position to be fulfilled.

Secret recorders exist for sale on many websites, secret recorders exist for phones, secret recorders will exist for the Galaxy Gear. Someone will eventually develop an app specifically for the Galaxy Gear.

Secret recorders are not illegal, nor are they discouraged. In fact there are many practical uses for secret recorders, both video and audio.

You might be able to push an existing app to the gear via ADB, but I'm not sure if it will work/work properly.

Please stop filling threads with unhelpful responses.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to R0CKSTAR3N3RGY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2013, 10:12 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
thanks for clearing things up rockstar.

i just want to give an update - secret video recorder pro does work on our Gear, incl screen off. framerate seems to be lower than stock though.
27th December 2013, 11:53 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Clearing up??
If you didn't called it secret recording, but instead called it something else normal people wouldn't think of you as a person that wanted to go around filming things normal people don't do.
Yes. Call me all fashion, but I don't want people to look at my galaxy gear and think of me as a pervert because someone has been busted using a secret video app on it. Then people start looking at gear as a toy for perverts.
I know spy camera is not used for only kinky stuff, but don't tell me the world needs them.
Do you want people to look at your watch and think bad of you?
If not I think the best way is to not let the media talk about the secret filming.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread