Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Recovery for SGH-I527

Tip us?
 
caguas56
Old
#1  
caguas56's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 485
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Default [Q] Custom Recovery for SGH-I527

Hi, is there still no custom recoveries for the US AT&T SGH-I527?
 
pa49
Old
#2  
pa49's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 573
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by caguas56 View Post
Hi, is there still no custom recoveries for the US AT&T SGH-I527?
Correct
 
caguas56
Old
#3  
caguas56's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 485
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
The lack of attention to this phone(AT&T SGH-I527) with no recoveries and custom roms is going to make me drop this phone. is anyone working on it?
 
pa49
Old
#4  
pa49's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 573
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by caguas56 View Post
The lack of attention to this phone(AT&T SGH-I527) with no recoveries and custom roms is going to make me drop this phone. is anyone working on it?
It's fast, smooth, huge size screen, works great, great battery, rooted so you can remove bloat, etc etc.
Lack of custom ROMs going to make me drop this phone?
Nah!
It is one of the best personal communication devices that I have ever used. May be the best!
The Following User Says Thank You to pa49 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
caguas56
Old
#5  
caguas56's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 485
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa49 View Post
It's fast, smooth, huge size screen, works great, great battery, rooted so you can remove bloat, etc etc.
Lack of custom ROMs going to make me drop this phone?
Nah!
It is one of the best personal communication devices that I have ever used. May be the best!
You may have a point there. especially for those of us that need glasses. it's just frustration. I flash all my phones and this process on this one is slow.
 
hands0m3
Old
#6  
hands0m3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 150
Join Date: Jun 2008
I think alot of people have the international mega so its like forget the att mega

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
azpatterson3
Old
#7  
azpatterson3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 270
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: St. Louis

 
DONATE TO ME
Got mine in a bootloop trying to put a new version of safestrap on it. Regret it now and really need a odin recovery. That's the only thing that will fix it. I keep my fingers crossed it will happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
I count flying toasters to fall asleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to azpatterson3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Christogq
Old
#8  
Christogq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 407
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpatterson3 View Post
Got mine in a bootloop trying to put a new version of safestrap on it. Regret it now and really need a odin recovery. That's the only thing that will fix it. I keep my fingers crossed it will happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
They said this should work for ours

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538098
Samsung Galaxy Mega. "Good lord it's huge!" That's literally what she said.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christogq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
azpatterson3
Old
#9  
azpatterson3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 139
Posts: 270
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: St. Louis

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christogq View Post
They said this should work for ours

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538098
Appreciate you looking out for that. Unfortunately still no stock rom for att sgh-i527 on sammobile. Think they are seeing the Canafian version or something. Anyway. Already sent the phone to Samsung in Texas. You did that, right? Hope they don't give me trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
I count flying toasters to fall asleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to azpatterson3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
eightytwoboy
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default i527 stock flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpatterson3 View Post
Appreciate you looking out for that. Unfortunately still no stock rom for att sgh-i527 on sammobile. Think they are seeing the Canafian version or something. Anyway. Already sent the phone to Samsung in Texas. You did that, right? Hope they don't give me trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
if you wanna get your i527 back to stock you just need to use samsung kies. you just gotta get it to download mode, and select the re-initialize option under the tools menu. you have to have the serial and imei numbers to the phone though.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes