UK Firmware Are The Most Bugfree And Stable?

OP kxdaorbit

2nd May 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

71 posts
Hi Ladies and Gents,

As we all know, the UK is one of, if not the last to receive firmware updates for the Z1, this is if we receive them at all.

We are told that the reason for this is that some UK carriers refuse to sign off the firmware, presumably due to inherent bug and stability issues. As a result this should mean that UK firmwares are the most stable and bugfree.

Is this true in your opinion. Have you run different 'regional' and or UK 'carrier' versions of the same firmware, and is the UK's the best.

Please let me know, especially in relation to the KitKat upgrades ('681' and '757').
2nd May 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

75 posts
its the same update in every country, just because the UK takes longer to release the update doesnt make it different
The Following User Says Thank You to iain26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

71 posts
Maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by iain26

its the same update in every country, just because the UK takes longer to release the update doesnt make it different

I'm not sure this is strictly true.

For instance some regions use different LTE standards, does that not mean that therefore there are variations in the software to cater for this?

Also some firmware include apps not present in others, can this not also impinge on performance and stability?
3rd May 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 16

68 posts
More
usually the nordic version is least-bloated
4th May 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag SE London
Thanks Meter: 89

584 posts
More
Just because the UK firmware is one of the last to be released it certainly does not make it the most bug free, my one has bugs and no matter how many times I repair via SUS or PCC they are still there, so take your pick of the ftf's

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread