Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyway to Kill Programs

Tip us?

srmz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Anyway to Kill Programs

Hi all,

Normally when you are wokring in a program (say messaging) and press thbe red end button you are taken back to the today screen but the program continues to remain open in the background.

Just wondering if any one knew of a software so that I can use the red end key to kill the running program and take me back to the today screen.

Will appreciate your comments and suggestions

Regards

Ineedtoys
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default Re: Anyway to Kill Programs

This is intentional (as with all WM devices). Keeping the most often used programs running in memory allows you to switch to messaging / calendar / contacts etc. near instantly. If you had to load them from ROM every time you would soon find the delays very frustrating. Try killing the running programs manually with the Task Manager to see what I mean.
I've never suffered a slow-down from working this way, unless a program goes awry (which I then just kill with Task manager). So I just let WM work the way it was intended. But if you need a more convenient way of managing tasks, have a look at xBar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ineedtoys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]