[Q] HTC Sensation XE Dead while charging.

Search This thread
Jun 14, 2009
My trusty HTC Sensation XE running ViperS 2.0.2 (S-Off) just died on me.
Last thing i did was charge the battery and it suddenly died. The phone did not come into contact with water and didn't fall. The led light doesn't even turn on when the charger is connected. Luckily my wife has the exact same phone so i could test some things. The charger works fine on her phone. Swapped the batteries and her battery does not work in my phone. My battery works fine in hers. So it must be something with the phone itself.

I've read a lot of stuff on the internet today, but nothing has helped so far. Things i tried:
Booting to recovery (Vol down + Power) does nothing.
Connected the phone to my PC, Doesn't even get detected.
Remove SIM, SD and try to boot (normally and recovery), nothing :(

If anyone has any ideas i would be grateful to hear them.

Jun 14, 2009
Hi Shantur, just tried the guide to unbrick my phone. Unfortunantly my phone does not get detected. I tried 2 different PC's and even tried disabling automount like the guide states, but nothing. (See screenshot) I used the Latest Ubuntu 14.04 btw.

Any other thoughts ?

Unbrick.png

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
try this
remove simcard,sdcard and battery
charge the device as it is for 4-5 hours and put them back
switch on the device and see if you have results

Reactions: Psycho_dad_rules
Jun 14, 2009
Hi rzr86, I will try that. So the phone just needs to be attached to the power? It won't be charging if there's no battery. Just making sure...

Jun 14, 2009
I removed the battery, sim and sd card earlier yesterday morning. It had been lying around for hours without power. I connected it to the power supply and left it there for about 9 hrs. After putting everything back, the phone is still dead. Unless anyone has another idea, I'm afraid it's just paperweight...

shantur

Dec 6, 2010
I removed the battery, sim and sd card earlier yesterday morning. It had been lying around for hours without power. I connected it to the power supply and left it there for about 9 hrs. After putting everything back, the phone is still dead. Unless anyone has another idea, I'm afraid it's just paperweight...

I am afraid looks like it is a paper weight.

Jun 14, 2009
Hi Rzr86, I had a quick google for jtag, and it looks like it requires special hardware. I don't know if this is something worth doing myself or if there are any phoneshops here in the Netherlands that could do that.

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hi Rzr86, I had a quick google for jtag, and it looks like it requires special hardware. I don't know if this is something worth doing myself or if there are any phoneshops here in the Netherlands that could do that.

if you don't have knowledge do not attempt it
just search a local shop which has the jtag machine
but know this
it may cost you a lot

Jun 14, 2009
Hi Rzr86,
Thanks for the info. I'm afraid the phone just isn't worth the costs any more to get it fixed.
I already had a backup plan.. It's my wife's birthday today and she really wants an iPhone. So i'm getting her one so i can get her Senation XE :)
Seemed like a better investment than fixing my own phone and getting her a crappy gift...

Thanks for all the help !!

Reactions: rzr86

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hi Rzr86,
Thanks for the info. I'm afraid the phone just isn't worth the costs any more to get it fixed.
I already had a backup plan.. It's my wife's birthday today and she really wants an iPhone. So i'm getting her one so i can get her Senation XE :)
Seemed like a better investment than fixing my own phone and getting her a crappy gift...

happy birthday for your wife

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try this
    remove simcard,sdcard and battery
    charge the device as it is for 4-5 hours and put them back
    switch on the device and see if you have results
    Hi rzr86, I will try that. So the phone just needs to be attached to the power? It won't be charging if there's no battery. Just making sure...

it charges the device somewhere internally
    i don't remember what exactly

if you don't have knowledge do not attempt it
    just search a local shop which has the jtag machine
    but know this
    it may cost you a lot
    Hi Rzr86,