XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocked Sprint Note 3

Tip us?

r3pwn
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,106
Default [Q] Unlocked Sprint Note 3

In theory, wouldn't it be possible to use an Unlocked Sprint S3 on Verizon? They both use CDMA networks. I was just wondering if I could do that and stay with Verizon, but also get a Bootloader unlock.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Need help?
Hit me up on Twitter or Google+ or, you know, just send me a PM.

My Reddit:
r3pwn-dev

Like what I do?
Feel free to donate to my PayPal

jolly_roger_hook
Old
Thanks Meter 318

DONATE TO ME
They both do use cdma but I think they use dofferen bands so it would not be possible and even if it was you would be stick on 3g or with no data at all

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5808364_1.gif

LAUNCHERS FOR 4.2.2 CLICK HERE

AlpineMan
Old
Thanks Meter 745
You can flash a Verizon Note 3 to Sprint and you can flash a Sprint Note 3 to Verizon. It has nothing to do with carrier locked/unlocked phones in CDMA. Flashing is done through CDMA flashing tools such as DFS. Either direction you go, you will only get voice, SMS, MMS, and 3G data speeds. No LTE. It is best that you just trade your Sprint Note 3 for a Verizon Note 3 if you've never done a CDMA phone flash before and/or if you want to use LTE.
Flash Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

MMS Fix for Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 on Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

Update Profile/PRL/HFA Fix for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 and S4 flashed to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE