Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Buy now or wait for Prime?

Tip us?

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,680
Default Buy now or wait for Prime?

I've been searching around this thing called the internet for an answer but I can't seem to find an answer as to if/when we're getting the S5 Prime on Sprint. Anyone know the details?

JoeFCaputo113
Old
Thanks Meter 1,721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
I've been searching around this thing called the internet for an answer but I can't seem to find an answer as to if/when we're getting the S5 Prime on Sprint. Anyone know the details?
That's because no one knows and it hasn't even been made official although everyone knows it's happening. My guess is, is that it might not even be available in the US.

There's a post on Sammobile saying there will be "limited quantities" of it due to production costs of the 2K display.
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Samsung Gear Live
Stock Everything

Previously Joe0113

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

lilflip21
Old
(Last edited by lilflip21; 13th May 2014 at 07:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 112
Wink I'd buy it again..

Buy a new device whenever you need/want it because waiting for the next great device will never work by the time that device comes out the next great thing will again be on the horizon and the cycle continues..
Sprint G900P - MOAR & KT
► ONE (M7) ► EVO 3D ► EVO 4G ► Touch Pro2 ► Touch Pro ►
The Following User Says Thank You to lilflip21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjs2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,680
Oh I've been through the cycle and back. Lol. Good to know that the reports are vague at best. The last thing I want to do is use my upgrade now and then find out that a better version of the phone is coming out in 2 weeks.

s13silviaguy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
The last thing I want to do is use my upgrade now and then find out that a better version of the phone is coming out in 2 weeks.
That's how it usually happens... I hate that **** too

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 118
The answer is simple, if you think you will want what's in the ''prime" more then the reg s5 what's waiting another Month or so? If the s5 is good for what you want, then why wait?
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.

durandetto
Old
Thanks Meter 148
I hate to say it, but ive never been more disappointed with a phone than with my s5. Battery isn't that good compared to my g2, it's slower than my s4 as far as unlocking and opening the camera, the fingerprint scanner is garbage for unlocking the phone. The camera is great in bright and dark situations but lower light it sucks. I do however like the look and feel, which is weird because most people talk about how much they hate it. Also why hasn't samsung implemented auto-input in the keyboard, it's 2014.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

reverepats
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by durandetto View Post
I hate to say it, but ive never been more disappointed with a phone than with my s5. Battery isn't that good compared to my g2, it's slower than my s4 as far as unlocking and opening the camera, the fingerprint scanner is garbage for unlocking the phone. The camera is great in bright and dark situations but lower light it sucks. I do however like the look and feel, which is weird because most people talk about how much they hate it. Also why hasn't samsung implemented auto-input in the keyboard, it's 2014.

Might have to take another peek in the settings for the keyboard. Predictive text works great on this keyboard

Dude I'd say go for it. Me, I'm loving the S5,but I'm also a huge Samsung fan. Ice personally ha e no issues!

The Following User Says Thank You to reverepats For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

durandetto
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Didn't realize that's what auto replacement was. Thanks.