[Q] My Xperia ZR leak..

Tip us?

yogi2k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] My Xperia ZR leak..

Hi,

I didn't test ZR Earlier. In my first test(under running Tap water) which was for just half of min. After this when i open back panel i see there are 3 drop of water at top (which of course came from Camera) . As i love this phone and don't want to loose it for water test i didn't test further.

If this is normal? any one done water test? also water damage is under warranty?

sijav
Old
Thanks Meter 913

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi2k View Post
Hi,

I didn't test ZR Earlier. In my first test(under running Tap water) which was for just half of min. After this when i open back panel i see there are 3 drop of water at top (which of course came from Camera) . As i love this phone and don't want to loose it for water test i didn't test further.

If this is normal? any one done water test? also water damage is under warranty?
water damage is not under warranty,
it is normal that water goes into camera side or speakers , but it shouldn't or behind the flaps (usb cover and audio jack cover), also it's very important that water shouldn't go into battery section, where there's protectors, other was going water behind the back door is normal but in battery section is not.
there's an white paper indicator that indicate whether water goes into battery section or not, it is in the bottom of your battery when you pull battery you can see it behind the bottom of the battery! (not sure how to describe it) if it turn red it means that your device got some water inside, which will void your warranty too, if it is white then everything will be ok and you still have your warranty, there's an exact of these papers in behind of the audio jack and usb section which you can't see it unless you open it
History phone: Nokia 6680 (S60V2) (my first phone) -> Nokia 1210 :| (bad days) -> Nokia N95 (S60V3) (gave it away) -> Nokia 5530 (S60V5) (got stoled ) -> Nokia X6 (S60V5) (Wrecked) -> Xperia Sola (SOLD) -> Xperia P (Gave to my sister)
Current: Xperia ZR MIUI Stock Based 4.2.2 with LB bootloader

All about Xda!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sijav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yogi2k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks..it is very usefull info..i wonder from where u find it.
I can see white paper benlow battery :thumbup:...

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk

Kratellismorru
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi2k View Post
Hi,

You could've read the mini manual before doing that. It is stated there that after using the device underwater, do not open the back cover cause the water outside the sealed section might get in the battery section which could destroy your phone. You must let the water inside dry for about 3-4 hours I think

From My Dragon Breathing Fire Underwater - C5503/XDA-App
Phone List
Now : Xperia ZR [All Stock]
Previous : Xperia Ray [GB]

ilovepancit
Old
(Last edited by ilovepancit; 12th May 2014 at 09:59 AM.) Reason: Typing error.
Thanks Meter 0
The same thing happened to my beloved phone, We went night swimming by the pool and there i tested my phone's underwater abilities it worked good under water i tested it for about 2 minutes afterwards i wrapped it in a cloth to dry it out. Removing the backplate did not cross my mind until I woke up in the morning, So i turned it off then removed the backplate I was shocked as everything aside from what's inside the rubber was wet. reading comments from good people in this thread made me feel at ease i also checked the mini manual and it says that exact thing that they talked about in here.Many thanks to you guys, so i should consider those areas outside the rubber as "safe wet". Now it's kind of dicey to use this phone underwater.