Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 40,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issue with controllers - lag

Tip us?

mike02467
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Issue with controllers - lag

I have tried 3 different controllers with my phone so far and nothing works very well.

I have an ATT version of the Note3 running Android 4.3 on Baseband N900AUCUBNB4 - rooted of course.

I tried the Sony Ps3 Dualshock 3 controller with the Sixaxis app, and found the analog sticks worked great and the d-pad worked well in the main android windows, but as soon as I launched a game there was extremely bad lag on all buttons except for the 2 analog sticks. I'm talking a full second and up of delay before the system responds. I tried bluetooth and connecting to USB and it's the same.

I tried the xbox 360 controller with USB connection and tried to use it natively, but it has the exact issue that the Dualshock 3 had.

Fine, I figure maybe It's not meant to be and decided to try the Moga Pro Power which is actually made for android. On this controller, the buttons work great in the A mode, but the analog sticks have a gigantic deadzone in the middle! Not only that but the buttons all feel really weird. Not impressed one bit with this controller. Then I tried the B mode to see if the analog deadzone would go away. It stayed the same, but then the button lag appeared as it had on the PS3 and 360 controllers.

I'm at a loss here. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the stock ROM or what. I'm going to try a new ROM in the meantime but I find it rather odd that I can't find a single person having this issue via google or this forum...
Thoughts?

thahim
Old
Thanks Meter 90
How do you connect them with phone I wana know ? I will try connecting my nephews xbox 360

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

mike02467
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim View Post
How do you connect them with phone I wana know ? I will try connecting my nephews xbox 360

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
a USB on the go cable

mike02467
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Well, after a few weeks of screwing around with the stock ROM and 3 controllers, I decided to try a new ROM. I flashed the firenote ROM and tried my xbox360 controller with the usb cable, and sure enough, it works fantasticly. Only one slight flaw- the green light that indicates which player the controller is pointing to just constantly flashes.

I would also like to say that I contacted Moga customer support a week ago and have not heard any response about the terrible analog sticks, so I returned that thing. A full week and not even a reply!

mike02467
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Update on this: it had nothing to do with the ROM. It's xposed additions module that screwed everything up.