Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Multi Window Mod][P31xx][P51xx][4.2.2][9/18/2013]

Tip us?

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 20th September 2013 at 01:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up [Multi Window Mod][P31xx][P51xx][4.2.2][9/18/2013]

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE...BE SURE TO BACKUP BEFORE YOU BEGIN AS ALWAYS!

Install Instructions (please keep in mind that i do NOT own a Tab 2 which means i depend on feedback from actual users...thx)
1. Install CWM or TWRP recovery
2. Flash a rooted & deodexed 4.2.2 rom (this mod SHOULD work with any firmware)
3. Install BusyBox (needed for zip installation as well as mode switcher app)
4. Download an alternative launcher (i use apex personally)
5. Flash the V1 for your device (P51xx owners may experience force closes until step 6 is performed)
6. Click the xposed installer, press install/update then go to modules and place a check in "MW Apps Manager" and reboot (this allows u to add other apps to the multiwindow menu)
7. After reboot uncheck then re-check multiwindow in "settings-display" to activate flashbar (or hold the back button until it appears)

Known Issues
1. Huge icon when minimized
2. Email force close
3. For some reason (i have an educated guess) u MUST have xposed framework installed (already included in zip) or else freezing/force closing will occur

This mod will enable dual/split multiwindow mode by default...If u would like to switch to floating windows then use the app created by @xperiacle linked to below. For those who prefer permanent floating windows then simply delete the "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" located in "system-etc-permissions"...if u would rather have both split AND floating windows AT THE SAME TIME (this is the best of both worlds but requires specific dpi settings) then there should be a way to get this working as well but i would need a user who is willing to help me figure out the proper settings for your device (try 176 dpi which is what worked on my P6200). One more thing...when reporting problems please indicate which device u are using (7" or 10.1") and what variant (P3110, P5100 etc.)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2304228
^MULTIWINDOW MODE SWITCHER (warning...this app is mentioned ONLY for its ability to change multiwindow mode so do NOT use it to change UI mode!)

Also...i have seen a few users request a multiwindow toggle in the notification panel so i will link to the guide on how to enable this as well (u can also use this to add other quick panel buttons such as hotspot as well!)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302366
^ADD QUICK PANEL TOGGLES (see post #105 for a free version of the required app)

P31xxMultiWindowV1.zip
^P31xx MULTIWINDOW V1

P51xxMultiWindowV1.zip
^P51xx MULTIWINDOW V1

screenshots for Tab 2 7 & 10.1
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	4228
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	2265723Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1377524005013.jpg
Views:	4029
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	2265725Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1377544874777.jpg
Views:	3559
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	2265726 Name:  2234525.jpg
Views: 16545
Size:  3.3 KB Name:  2234534.jpg
Views: 16563
Size:  2.8 KB

credit/thanks to: @unclefab for his all of his assistance @Droidlover123 for the flashable zip & being a dedicated tester @aapav01 for 10.1 testing, @rovo89 for developing the xposed framework, @xperiacle for all of his multiwindow work @shakatu for helping out in general...if i forgot anyone please blame it on my head and not my heart
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

koko115
Old
Thanks Meter 55
ho w enable button MultiWindows in quicksettings ?

in this post 105 is for wifi only ?

https://code.google.com/p/xdroidx/do...20Editor-9.apk

If you have root, use this.
When the database list populates select Settings Storage (little green droid out to the left of it)
Hit Settings.db
Hit System
Scroll WAY down to find _id "3805" notification_panel_active_app_list
Highlight it, then hit the menu button (on the phone) and Edit Field
add a ; and the word Wifi then another ; and then save.
Reboot the phone

Success

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko115 View Post
ho w enable button MultiWindows in quicksettings ?

in this post 105 is for wifi only ?

https://code.google.com/p/xdroidx/do...20Editor-9.apk

If you have root, use this.
When the database list populates select Settings Storage (little green droid out to the left of it)
Hit Settings.db
Hit System
Scroll WAY down to find _id "3805" notification_panel_active_app_list
Highlight it, then hit the menu button (on the phone) and Edit Field
add a ; and the word Wifi then another ; and then save.
Reboot the phone

Success
i only mentioned that post for the free app...please follow the directions in the first post. Also note...any id number u see will be different for the Tab 2 since the instructions are for a different device so just look for the line "notification_panel_active_app_list" instead
The Following User Says Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rainbowtuba
Old
(Last edited by rainbowtuba; 18th September 2013 at 05:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
TAB 2 7"

I've tried it on MicroDelta. While the option is available in settings, selecting Multi Window causes the entire screen to become unresponsive. Restarting causes a boot loop.

Trying on Cyanogen 10.1. Cyanogen loaded fine, when I installed the Multi Window apk, boot loop.

Tried on Baked BlackBean, when I installed the Multi Window apk, boot loop.

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 18th September 2013 at 10:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowtuba View Post
TAB 2 7"

I've tried it on MicroDelta. While the option is available in settings, selecting Multi Window causes the entire screen to become unresponsive. Restarting causes a boot loop.

Trying on Cyanogen 10.1. Cyanogen loaded fine, when I installed the Multi Window apk, boot loop.
do NOT flash this on cyanogen because it will NEVER work...please check on your device and see if the files were actually placed in the specified locations with proper permissions. i have been having a weird zip issue on my system so something may need to be copied manually...anyone else using microdelta please test & report asap

mor_vaibhav
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This doesn't work

antutu
Old
(Last edited by antutu; 19th September 2013 at 01:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
do NOT flash this on cyanogen because it will NEVER work...please check on your device and see if the files were actually placed in the specified locations with proper permissions. i have been having a weird zip issue on my system so something may need to be copied manually...anyone else using microdelta please test & report asap
in microDELTA also and i got problem for getting to system UI,
I didin't find any error message however screen keep goes blank to system UI vise versa, and never get to full UI
will check if everything placed properly
sorry bad english & run out battery

Edit:
Each file seems placed properly, so are permissions

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 19th September 2013 at 02:16 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by antutu View Post
in microDELTA also and i got problem for getting to system UI,
I didin't find any error message however screen keep goes blank to system UI vise versa, and never get to full UI
will check if everything placed properly
sorry bad english & run out battery

Edit:
Each file seems placed properly, so are permissions
replace the android.policy.jar with your original from the microdelta rom or restore your backup then remove then android.policy.jar from the zip and try to flash again...let me know the results. Also...be sure that u dont have xposed installed twice. If u already had it then it's located in "data-app" while this zip will also place a copy in "system-app"...if u were using xposed prior to flashing this mod then remove it from the zip as well

mor_vaibhav
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Help

Hi

I tried installing multiwindow on GTP-5110.STOCK.4.2.2-VANILLA Original by following the instructions correctly but all I get is a frozen screen

antutu
Old
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
replace the android.policy.jar with your original from the microdelta rom or restore your backup then remove then android.policy.jar from the zip and try to flash again...let me know the results. Also...be sure that u dont have xposed installed twice. If u already had it then it's located in "data-app" while this zip will also place a copy in "system-app"...if u were using xposed prior to flashing this mod then remove it from the zip as well
Replace android policy makes system ui work.
Native multi window work great, but alternative (split mode, gives way too big apps)
I've changed through note8 switcher, you provide.
Btw change ui through this apps gives awkward ui
Is there any way to get it back?
Thanks
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379570396755.jpg
Views:	1530
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2267653Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379570428320.jpg
Views:	1552
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2267654

The Following User Says Thank You to antutu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
mod, multi window, multiwindow, p31xx, p51xx