How delete carrier bloatware

Search This thread

Xxul

Jun 28, 2011
Hi guys i got my phone from TMOBILE and its full with retarded apps

Most annoyingly they replaced stock samsung browser with their own

How do i delete Tmobile browser and install the stock samsung one?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium HD app

Xxul

Jun 28, 2011

guys?

harry_fine

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Install a custom rom.

Or, just root the phone, easy to do. I'd also recommend that you put on custom recovery to be safe, as it can get you out of all sorts of trouble rather than having Samsung's lame recovery.

Once you've done that, install titanium backup from the store. Freeze any and all applications you want. Download your preferred applications and you are done.

Sure, you can go the extra step of putting on a third party ROM, but for most people, that's overkill.

Once you have root, a custom recovery and Titanium Backup installed, you might want to do three things:

1. Do a ROM backup from the recovery, after it's saved move to your PC. Keep it there for safekeeping.
2. Set up a backup schedule in Titanium Backup. Back up applications and data to an SD card
3. Install Xposed Framework, and then pick a good multi-porpose module like Wanam, and you can highly customize your phone without putting on a third party ROM.

All of these three things are available and easy to find in XDA. They make your experience more powerful, customizable and safer.

Reactions: Prof Peach and Xxul

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando

Just an fyi, it actually has the stock browser included called Internet. They just changed the home page to their own, you can change it back to whatever you like.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Xxul

Jun 28, 2011
Just an fyi, it actually has the stock browser included called Internet. They just changed the home page to their own, you can change it back to whatever you like.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

dayuuuum i did not know that :D

that made me so happy to know <3

btw where is the option in the stock browser to swipe with ur thumb on the edge of the screen to open a quick launch menu in the browser? (like in note 2)

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
dayuuuum i did not know that :D

that made me so happy to know <3

btw where is the option in the stock browser to swipe with ur thumb on the edge of the screen to open a quick launch menu in the browser? (like in note 2)

I dont believe it was included on the S5. I was more or less replaced with one handed mode (which can be activated in the settings) and several other actions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install a custom rom.

Or, just root the phone, easy to do. I'd also recommend that you put on custom recovery to be safe, as it can get you out of all sorts of trouble rather than having Samsung's lame recovery.

Once you've done that, install titanium backup from the store. Freeze any and all applications you want. Download your preferred applications and you are done.

Sure, you can go the extra step of putting on a third party ROM, but for most people, that's overkill.

Once you have root, a custom recovery and Titanium Backup installed, you might want to do three things:

1. Do a ROM backup from the recovery, after it's saved move to your PC. Keep it there for safekeeping.
    2. Set up a backup schedule in Titanium Backup. Back up applications and data to an SD card
    3. Install Xposed Framework, and then pick a good multi-porpose module like Wanam, and you can highly customize your phone without putting on a third party ROM.

All of these three things are available and easy to find in XDA. They make your experience more powerful, customizable and safer.