Why would you need a (big) web browser to open a Youtube video. Click this link on your Android phone: Video (Then try again after installing this app to see the difference).
Sure, there are other apps that do this, but I think mine has unique features:
- Doesn't get in the way: It's small (~200kb). Minimal user interface. Does exactly 1 thing and does it right.
- Handles Facebook's external links. Tired of launching the browser to open a m.facebook.com?l.php URL? No more.
- Handles Youtube's attribution links. These should be handled by the Youtube app (Google's fault). Short URL Resolver handles them for you, so you get to see the video on the Youtube app. No browser involved.
- Handles Tapatalk api click links.
- Handles Google.com/url links. They are used in the Play Store descriptions, for example.
Also, it's free, and ad-free. You can make an in-app donation if you feel it's worth it.
It doesn't use any third party service for resolving the URLs. The basic principle is making an HTTP request and determining where it's being redirected.
It's my first public Android App, but I think it's the best of its kind (you can try and prove me wrong X-D)
I'm also attaching the latest version to this post, for those that can't access the Google Play Store.