Ask a question

No registration required

Angry [Q]got temp root and downgraded my glacier but psneuter files etc missing

OP UrWifesBoyfriend

3rd May 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello XDA Giants of the Modding world I guess I'll start by saying i am a sorta work in progress rather than a noob. i say that for 2 reasons. a) I have converted over here for awhile from (hopefully you call us this) your friends over at modmyobile. i have burned myself out on my good old cliq 2 and have actually surpassed some very well known devs over there on the modding of the mb611. But sadly, that is close to my extent of knowledge; well that and the nook color aka encore and the cliq mb200 a little. and b) when i went into this section (the q & a thread) i got a headache real fast. But i would suppose i belong here to give someone else a headache until i dont have post restrictions. ok, on to my ordeal...

Through here I successfully downgraded and temp rooted howevs my giant devs, i cannot seem to figure out what it is im missing to the last steps. let me try to do specifics here- i followed this - [GUIDE] Downgrade G2 (2.3.X) & DZ (2.3.X) & mT4g (2.3.4) & DHD w/ S-ON to Stock Froyo. i was not able to get the platform tool kit or whatever its called but i found files elsewhere to ride it out andd low and behold i got all the way to Android 2.2.1 and ready to s-off perm root this baby im stuck here-
> adb push psneuter /data/local/tmp/ <---it says cant find that file does not exist
> adb push gfree /data/local/tmp/
> adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
> adb push hboot-eng.img /data/local/tmp/ <---Im pretty sure i dont have this one either
> adb push root_psn /data/local/tmp/ <---or this one
> adb push su /sdcard/
> adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/
> adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/*
> adb push recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-glacier.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img <---this one is not with me anywhere either
> adb shell /data/local/tmp/psneuter

Im sorta thinkin it was the "downgrading rooting tools" download that i couldnt get to download. i would have just asked on that thread but im not allowed to for a bit. if any of you could help me out i would totally let you hang out with a couple of hot wifies i know... or just say thank you and bless your little heart
3rd May 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 291

251 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrWifesBoyfriend

Hello XDA Giants of the Modding world I guess I'll start by saying i am a sorta work in progress rather than a noob. i say that for 2 reasons. a) I have converted over here for awhile from (hopefully you call us this) your friends over at modmyobile. i have burned myself out on my good old cliq 2 and have actually surpassed some very well known devs over there on the modding of the mb611. But sadly, that is close to my extent of knowledge; well that and the nook color aka encore and the cliq mb200 a little. and b) when i went into this section (the q & a thread) i got a headache real fast. But i would suppose i belong here to give someone else a headache until i dont have post restrictions. ok, on to my ordeal...

Through here I successfully downgraded and temp rooted howevs my giant devs, i cannot seem to figure out what it is im missing to the last steps. let me try to do specifics here- i followed this - [GUIDE] Downgrade G2 (2.3.X) & DZ (2.3.X) & mT4g (2.3.4) & DHD w/ S-ON to Stock Froyo. i was not able to get the platform tool kit or whatever its called but i found files elsewhere to ride it out andd low and behold i got all the way to Android 2.2.1 and ready to s-off perm root this baby im stuck here-
> adb push psneuter /data/local/tmp/ <---it says cant find that file does not exist
> adb push gfree /data/local/tmp/
> adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
> adb push hboot-eng.img /data/local/tmp/ <---Im pretty sure i dont have this one either
> adb push root_psn /data/local/tmp/ <---or this one
> adb push su /sdcard/
> adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/
> adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/*
> adb push recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-glacier.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img <---this one is not with me anywhere either
> adb shell /data/local/tmp/psneuter

Im sorta thinkin it was the "downgrading rooting tools" download that i couldnt get to download. i would have just asked on that thread but im not allowed to for a bit. if any of you could help me out i would totally let you hang out with a couple of hot wifies i know... or just say thank you and bless your little heart

Anything you need you can get here.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Instal...he_HTC_Glacier
The Following User Says Thank You to garleest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Angry thanks a ton
[QUOTE=garleest;52380501]Anything you need you can get here.

Yup, this site is awesome! Thanks Garleest for that quick and accurate response so I've checked out a few roms so far and I'm clear on the annoying question "what's the best rom?" So I guess I'll just twist it a little and ask, are there a few that stand out from all these gazillions of choices here that u or anyone would recommend I try out? I might get these names wrong but I am on the darkside cm 7.2 right now. And I tried out (very shortly) ummm, lets see here... darkhorse was one, packable and aospx or something like that... thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread