New Forums Created for Windows 10 Development

Microsoft, looking to be a player in the game of giants with their recent announcement of … more

T-Mobile Expands Its LTE Network

T-Mobile US has announced moreLTE network expansion. The carrierwill provide asignal for the700 MHz band, … more

Kernel Source Available for HTC One M8

HTC pushed the Lollipop-based Sense update to the developer edition of the HTC One M8 just a couple … more

Asus Hints at Upcoming Week-long Battery Smartwatch

Asus hinted that their next smartwatch, succesor to the elegant ZenWatch, could feature … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unable to copy files from PC to Note 3 when screen locked

OP stev1456

5th May 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Hi
As soon as my phone screen locks, i am unable to copy or move any more files to the phone ( i can still see the phone in My Computer).
If i disconnect the phone & plug it back in, i am able again to copy files from the PC.

Anyone have any ideas / help ??

Thanks

Steve
5th May 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #2  
msasm09's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nasr City
Thanks Meter: 29
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
From windows Power management disable turn off USB or just set it to high performance

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msasm09

From windows Power management disable turn off USB or just set it to high performance

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Already on High Performance - just checked to make sure - yep - USB suspend turned off.

Is this problem the norm for when the screen turns off ?

Thank you for your reply - any other ideas
5th May 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #4  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,359
 
9,081 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stev1456

Already on High Performance - just checked to make sure - yep - USB suspend turned off.

Is this problem the norm for when the screen turns off ?

Thank you for your reply - any other ideas

My N3 must be broken then, i can copy files files to the sdcard and internal sdcard without a problem when the screen is locked Is it connected as a MTP or PTP device?
Last edited by gee2012; 5th May 2014 at 08:41 PM.
5th May 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

My N3 must be broken then, i can copy files files to the sdcard and internal sdcard without a problem when the screen is locked Is it connected as a MTP or PTP device?

How can i tell which way it's connected ?
5th May 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #6  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,359
 
9,081 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stev1456

How can i tell which way it's connected ?

Pull down the status bar and it should say: connected as a media device or camera, choose PTP (media device).
5th May 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Pull down the status bar and it should say: connected as a media device or camera, choose PTP (media device).

Just checked - it's connected as media device (damn - i had a feeling your idea was the one
5th May 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #8  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,359
 
9,081 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stev1456

Just checked - it's connected as media device (damn - i had a feeling your idea was the one

Well, dunno then why its possible on my device and not on yours. Good luck bro, maybe someone else can help you
5th May 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Well, dunno then why its possible on my device and not on yours. Good luck bro, maybe someone else can help you

Thanks for your help anyway - appreciated
6th May 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #10  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,067
 
4,296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Which lockscreen security setting are you using?

By default, any setting other than Swipe disables the USB connection when the screen is locked for obvious security reasons.

You can try enabling 'Stay Awake' under developer options, this keeps the screen on whilst "charging". Or if security isn't an issue, use the Swipe to unlock security mode.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes