Can anyone recommend a car dock?

Search This thread

bigblueshock

Jun 26, 2010
Long Island
I've used the Mountek nGroove MT5000 for years. It's a universal CD slot mount, fully adjustable for any phone really...

I drive around for work every day for hours and hours.

Downsides... not an actual "Dock" for the M8, rather a holder for the phone. But I plug in with USB anyway to ciglighter

Upsides... Not mounted in Window, so it's in less sunlight than a windshield mount. If you're lucky, you may have a vent near the CD slot so air can flow directly to the phone if you drive for more than an hour.

Reactions: redpoint73

keinengel

Dec 7, 2009
Just got the iBOLT xProDock for HTC Phones and it's just what I wanted - sturdy, can be used with a case, integrated charging cable, which triggers car mode automatically. It's a bit more expensive than no-name car docks, but it's worth it.

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Just got the iBOLT xProDock for HTC Phones and it's just what I wanted - sturdy, can be used with a case, integrated charging cable, which triggers car mode automatically. It's a bit more expensive than no-name car docks, but it's worth it.

How easy is it to put in the dock? I used to have a Droid X car dock, and it literally just slid right in, though from the pictures the iBOLT doesn't look quite that simple. I just don't want something I'll have to fiddle with for a couple minutes every time I put it in.

keinengel

Dec 7, 2009
Pretty easy, you push the spring-loaded upper part up with the right side of the phone and it kinda clicks in.

Jun 27, 2012
proclipusa.com

Will run you about $70, but by far the best choice. I got a universal medium sized holder since I am always switching phones.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I've used the Mountek nGroove MT5000 for years. It's a universal CD slot mount, fully adjustable for any phone really...

Downsides... not an actual "Dock" for the M8, rather a holder for the phone. But I plug in with USB anyway to ciglighter

Upsides... Not mounted in Window, so it's in less sunlight than a windshield mount. If you're lucky, you may have a vent near the CD slot so air can flow directly to the phone if you drive for more than an hour.

+1 for the Mountek nGroove. It works amazingly well, very simple yet well made.

True, its not a "dock" if the OP is looking for something that will connect the phone for charging or connect to head unit.

Only downsides I will add, one should look at the photos of the product before buying, and determine if this holder will interfere or block any controls or displays. For instance, on a few cars, the CD slot is located low on the dash. So it might not be an ideal location for viewing the phone for navigation, etc.; or even interfere with your gearshift knob. But I travel for work a good amount, used this holder on a number of different rental car models, and it works much more often than it doesn't. And it takes about 10 seconds to install on just about any car.

Other downside, if is you actually use your CD player. Mine hasn't had a CD inserted in it for years.

The nGroove is so ridiculously simple and effective that my wife wanted one for herself immediately (so I got her one); and numerous coworkers and friends have commented how great an idea it as, and that they wanted one, too.

Last edited:

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com

im agree with you, but i had dot view case and seems i cant use very well with the case :( i need take off every time i drive (sucks)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.