Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stable ROM for everyday use (cam+sound+vid.accel.+wi-fi(+bluetooth))

Tip us?

Cosmose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Stable ROM for everyday use (cam+sound+vid.accel.+wi-fi(+bluetooth))

Hello

because my Touchpad, running CM9, got slower and slower I decided to clean it and put an Update on it.

I need a stable (as possible) ROM with working camera, wi-fi, sound and video acceleration. Bluetooth would be nice but not necessary.
I don't need new apps from newer versions, etc.
It's a 32 GB Version.

Which ROM would you suggest me and where to get it+gapps?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards
Cosy

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 430
The I would suggest that you view the development thread where you will see the different roms for this device and links to gapps or whatever else you may need will be available in the Opening Post what people want or need is down to the user. There you will be able to read individual comments about what does or doesn't work and be able to make your own informed decision.

Cosmose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
There are numerous development threads and I don't know which to read.
In addition I can't read a thread holding 250 pages of posts just to pick a ROM.
A little hint would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
The I would suggest that you view the development thread where you will see the different roms for this device and links to gapps or whatever else you may need will be available in the Opening Post what people want or need is down to the user. There you will be able to read individual comments about what does or doesn't work and be able to make your own informed decision.

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmose View Post
There are numerous development threads and I don't know which to read.
In addition I can't read a thread holding 250 pages of posts just to pick a ROM.
A little hint would be nice.
Here's a hint I'm using Milaq's KK Rom and you don't need to read 250 pages just the op and the last few or more if you feel like it.
But it comes down to you making an informed decision.

Gabre
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Here's a hint I'm using Milaq's KK Rom and you don't need to read 250 pages just the op and the last few or more if you feel like it.
But it comes down to you making an informed decision.
I would need the same, and I dont see a reason why you guys that tried all the roms could simple write down a version thats stable and functional, I dont care if its NAdroid 4.2, or 4.3. or 4.4, I just need a functional tablet that has a functional Skype, Netflix and wifi.

Is that a big problem to write, I dont have hours and hours of time to searc (which is useless) to figure out which rom. A small baby at home, work I have everyday, and really not spare time to waste on research.

I apologize in advance if someone gets ofended, but at the time when I was a kid I would spend hours messing online, now I dont have that anymore.

On topic - my biggest issue that the tablet is draining battery like crazy, and is totally glitchy, slows down, all though everything works, but slow and battery is ridiculous.

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabre View Post
I would need the same, and I dont see a reason why you guys that tried all the roms could simple write down a version thats stable and functional, I dont care if its NAdroid 4.2, or 4.3. or 4.4, I just need a functional tablet that has a functional Skype, Netflix and wifi.

Is that a big problem to write, I dont have hours and hours of time to searc (which is useless) to figure out which rom. A small baby at home, work I have everyday, and really not spare time to waste on research.

I apologize in advance if someone gets ofended, but at the time when I was a kid I would spend hours messing online, now I dont have that anymore.

On topic - my biggest issue that the tablet is draining battery like crazy, and is totally glitchy, slows down, all though everything works, but slow and battery is ridiculous.
Well if you read my post which you have quoted you'll see that I did make a recommendation but if you you're after someone to wipe your bottom and put a cookie in your mouth it won't be me. It's the arrogance of people like yourself that makes me wonder why I or anybody else bothers to try and be helpful.
Have a nice weekend I know you've p***ed me of.

Gabre
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Well if you read my post which you have quoted you'll see that I did make a recommendation but if you you're after someone to wipe your bottom and put a cookie in your mouth it won't be me. It's the arrogance of people like yourself that makes me wonder why I or anybody else bothers to try and be helpful.
Have a nice weekend I know you've p***ed me of.
to bad I pissed you off

can you confirm that the camera and mic works fine for Skype, does netflix app works fine, and video playback of files?
bluetooth i dont need.

sstar
Old
(Last edited by sstar; 25th May 2014 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabre View Post
to bad I pissed you off

can you confirm that the camera and mic works fine for Skype, does netflix app works fine, and video playback of files?
bluetooth i dont need.
No check it yourself or ask someone that you haven't insulted.

And I would be obliged if you can stop quoting me. I really don't want anything to do with you especially as you are still taking the p***.

jcsullins
Old
Thanks Meter 1155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmose View Post
Hello

because my Touchpad, running CM9, got slower and slower I decided to clean it and put an Update on it.

I need a stable (as possible) ROM with working camera, wi-fi, sound and video acceleration. Bluetooth would be nice but not necessary.
I don't need new apps from newer versions, etc.
It's a 32 GB Version.

Which ROM would you suggest me and where to get it+gapps?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards
Cosy
I responded to a similar question here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=66

anonxlg
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsullins View Post
I responded to a similar question here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=66
do you know if it's possible to upgrade directly from cm9 to cm10.1 (no wiping)?