Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 44,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM9, CM10, CM11... which one to choose?

Tip us?

shadowscott
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default CM9, CM10, CM11... which one to choose?

Currently running CM9 on my Touchpad. Use it for web browsing, few games, mostly apps, and occasionally BT w/ my HP keyboard. Not sure if I should upgrade to KitKat (CM11) or go with CM10.1/2, or just stick with what I have. Any suggestions and breakdowns of what each version is best for, in regards to what I use mine for and stability/performance are welcome.

Also, if anyone has any battery information, that would be great. I know CM9 is alright, but it still drains fairly quickly. Thanks guys.

charleypick
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post
Currently running CM9 on my Touchpad. Use it for web browsing, few games, mostly apps, and occasionally BT w/ my HP keyboard. Not sure if I should upgrade to KitKat (CM11) or go with CM10.1/2, or just stick with what I have. Any suggestions and breakdowns of what each version is best for, in regards to what I use mine for and stability/performance are welcome.

Also, if anyone has any battery information, that would be great. I know CM9 is alright, but it still drains fairly quickly. Thanks guys.

Use to CM10 for now. I've been using CM11 for a while now and it is really hitting a rough patch to the point it is nearly unusable. CM10 is pretty mature and you will like it much more that CP9.

Good luck!

C

bchen_bin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post

I chose May release of CM9 for better battery life

TheMARTHP
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleypick View Post
Use to CM10 for now. I've been using CM11 for a while now and it is really hitting a rough patch to the point it is nearly unusable. CM10 is pretty mature and you will like it much more that CP9.

Good luck!

C
Don't agree with that. Using Flintmans nondata cm11 and its fully usable IMO. No freezes, keboard bt works. I liked the straight update with this nondata rom, nothing to change except system partition size from 300 to 600MB.

If you want cam to work, go for 10.2 though, Milaqs rom seems nice.

imkey
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i like the non-data media roms since I want to maximize the space I can access on both webos and android easily.

theronkinator
Old
Thanks Meter 194

DONATE TO ME
I use JCSullins 4.2.2. Battery drain is great, doesn't even lose 1% in like 5 hours sleeping. Not a data media build which is good as I think they're pointless.
HP Touchpad - jcsullins' CM10.1
Xperia U - Bootloader unlocked - Ported Sony JB
Galaxy S3 - Stock 4.1.2 ROM - Rooted - Xposed
Checkout my easy HP Touchpad Android installer:
[TOOLKIT] Touchpad Toolkit - Android automated installer

jakkzen
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I am using CM10. I used CM11 for a few day and went back. My kiddo uses it for netflix and dish anywhere, so it needed to be a little more stable.
*Nexus 7 2013 32GB (unlocked w/ root 4.4.2)
*HP Touchpad 32GB (dual boot Web OS and CM10)
*Moto X Dev Edition VZW (unlocked w/ root 4.4.2)

venkythegeek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default milaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
I am using CM10. I used CM11 for a few day and went back. My kiddo uses it for netflix and dish anywhere, so it needed to be a little more stable.
milaqs 3.0 version seems to work well

dwalk51
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronkinator View Post
I use JCSullins 4.2.2. Battery drain is great, doesn't even lose 1% in like 5 hours sleeping. Not a data media build which is good as I think they're pointless.
Which date is that build from, it you don't mind?

Also, in general, which builds tend to be fastest? CM10 or CM11? Or does it matters more about the kernal?

Thanks,
Dylan

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk51 View Post
Which date is that build from, it you don't mind?

Also, in general, which builds tend to be fastest? CM10 or CM11? Or does it matters more about the kernal?

Thanks,
Dylan
Everything is subjective, you really have to try them yourself to see what works for you and read the comments in the individual thread's to help you make a decision.
But you should have loads of fun trying them.
All the best.