Cracked case around speakers

176 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
By anonxlg, Senior Member on 3rd January 2012, 05:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
it started cracking (from what i noticed) like, last week
yesterday, it's totally broken off

anyone else have a DIY fix? superglue i'm thinking

****sux because i had the touchpad inside the official case day 1 AND it doesnt get moved around often nor does it see heavy usage

i have a theory that the case actually helps increase the chances of the cracks because any vibration/pressure is transmitted somewhat equally around the touchpad so even if the speaker side was not touched, any other force small or big goes speaker side and will eventually crack
3rd January 2012, 05:27 AM |#2  
Flag Cefalý
Thanks Meter: 1
Why don't u contact HP Support? They will replace the case!
3rd January 2012, 05:33 AM |#3  
Flag chicago
Thanks Meter: 410
I have the same problem that you are having. I have my touchpad for about a week or so and it cracked between both speakers it really sucks. So what I did was used super glue to fix the problem it might not look the best it works for now. Its nice to find out that its just not me having these problems but it really sucks.

Sent from my GT-i9100 using xda premium
3rd January 2012, 06:24 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
ya I know about the customer support replace, just wanted to get opinions on superglue approach before then because I'm sorta scared that my touchpad will get replace with a diff one or the screen gets scratched etc

if the super glue works I'll just do that
3rd January 2012, 06:54 AM |#5  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 542
Don't do the superglue, I really regret doing it myself, it's not clear and is very ugly, i need to find a way to get it off before i can send it in.

I'm thinking of getting mine repaired and then getting it wrapped in ghost armor.
3rd January 2012, 06:15 PM |#6  
Flag Burlington
Thanks Meter: 6
Donate to Me
Thumbs up
The armor works great...

I bought one and uploaded some pics on amazon here:

I didnt have "Cracks" but I have the ripple effect on the small plastic part like it was going to crack.
3rd January 2012, 10:28 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 48
wondering about the superglue method myself (i have cracks on both speakers). does it melt the plastic cover?
4th January 2012, 04:12 PM |#8  
Flag central ma
Donate to Me
I have cracks on my TP as well. It's a hardware defect, much like the original Pre / usb door cracks. The plus side is that it will never spread to the screen, and it does not affect the performance (or looks if it's in a case).

I don't recommend sending it back for "repair" ... it's not worth it and you don't know if you'll get it back.

It works.
4th January 2012, 04:32 PM |#9  
Flag NYC.
I just noticed cracks as well. I'm going to check out that ghost armor. Looks neat.

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to thekillingtree For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2012, 06:47 PM |#10  
well the cracks around the speakers is cosmetic. Contact HP Support they will replace the casing.
I had the same issue with my TP. The customer support was good. They sent me a return box and label. All you have to do is to pack your TP as per instructions and drop it at nearby UPS store. I received the repaired TP within a week.

Act fast before the warranty expires.
5th January 2012, 05:33 AM |#11  
Recognized Developer
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 6,922
Donate to Me
I just noticed a crack in mine. Called them and they are sending a box out. It's covered for a year they said.

10 have it back. I'm sad but will be happy to get new one and will have armor case ready and waiting for it.

Sent from my PG8610000 using Tapatalk

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread