Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 44,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM9, CM10, CM11... which one to choose?

Tip us?
 
shadowscott
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 149
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default CM9, CM10, CM11... which one to choose?

Currently running CM9 on my Touchpad. Use it for web browsing, few games, mostly apps, and occasionally BT w/ my HP keyboard. Not sure if I should upgrade to KitKat (CM11) or go with CM10.1/2, or just stick with what I have. Any suggestions and breakdowns of what each version is best for, in regards to what I use mine for and stability/performance are welcome.

Also, if anyone has any battery information, that would be great. I know CM9 is alright, but it still drains fairly quickly. Thanks guys.
 
charleypick
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post
Currently running CM9 on my Touchpad. Use it for web browsing, few games, mostly apps, and occasionally BT w/ my HP keyboard. Not sure if I should upgrade to KitKat (CM11) or go with CM10.1/2, or just stick with what I have. Any suggestions and breakdowns of what each version is best for, in regards to what I use mine for and stability/performance are welcome.

Also, if anyone has any battery information, that would be great. I know CM9 is alright, but it still drains fairly quickly. Thanks guys.

Use to CM10 for now. I've been using CM11 for a while now and it is really hitting a rough patch to the point it is nearly unusable. CM10 is pretty mature and you will like it much more that CP9.

Good luck!

C
 
bchen_bin
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post
Currently running CM9 on my Touchpad. Use it for web browsing, few games, mostly apps, and occasionally BT w/ my HP keyboard. Not sure if I should upgrade to KitKat (CM11) or go with CM10.1/2, or just stick with what I have. Any suggestions and breakdowns of what each version is best for, in regards to what I use mine for and stability/performance are welcome.

Also, if anyone has any battery information, that would be great. I know CM9 is alright, but it still drains fairly quickly. Thanks guys.
I chose May release of CM9 for better battery life
 
TheMARTHP
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 31
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleypick View Post
Use to CM10 for now. I've been using CM11 for a while now and it is really hitting a rough patch to the point it is nearly unusable. CM10 is pretty mature and you will like it much more that CP9.

Good luck!

C
Don't agree with that. Using Flintmans nondata cm11 and its fully usable IMO. No freezes, keboard bt works. I liked the straight update with this nondata rom, nothing to change except system partition size from 300 to 600MB.

If you want cam to work, go for 10.2 though, Milaqs rom seems nice.
 
imkey
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2009
i like the non-data media roms since I want to maximize the space I can access on both webos and android easily.
 
theronkinator
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 194
Posts: 423
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
I use JCSullins 4.2.2. Battery drain is great, doesn't even lose 1% in like 5 hours sleeping. Not a data media build which is good as I think they're pointless.
HP Touchpad - jcsullins' CM10.1
Xperia U - Bootloader unlocked - Ported Sony JB
Galaxy S3 - Stock 4.1.2 ROM - Rooted - Xposed
Checkout my easy HP Touchpad Android installer:
[TOOLKIT] Touchpad Toolkit - Android automated installer
 
jakkzen
Old
#7  
jakkzen's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Madison
I am using CM10. I used CM11 for a few day and went back. My kiddo uses it for netflix and dish anywhere, so it needed to be a little more stable.
*Nexus 7 2013 32GB (unlocked w/ root 4.4.2)
*HP Touchpad 32GB (dual boot Web OS and CM10)
*Moto X Dev Edition VZW (unlocked w/ root 4.4.2)
 
venkythegeek
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default milaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
I am using CM10. I used CM11 for a few day and went back. My kiddo uses it for netflix and dish anywhere, so it needed to be a little more stable.
milaqs 3.0 version seems to work well
 
dwalk51
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronkinator View Post
I use JCSullins 4.2.2. Battery drain is great, doesn't even lose 1% in like 5 hours sleeping. Not a data media build which is good as I think they're pointless.
Which date is that build from, it you don't mind?

Also, in general, which builds tend to be fastest? CM10 or CM11? Or does it matters more about the kernal?

Thanks,
Dylan
 
sstar
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 1,232
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk51 View Post
Which date is that build from, it you don't mind?

Also, in general, which builds tend to be fastest? CM10 or CM11? Or does it matters more about the kernal?

Thanks,
Dylan
Everything is subjective, you really have to try them yourself to see what works for you and read the comments in the individual thread's to help you make a decision.
But you should have loads of fun trying them.
All the best.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more