Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 51,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-off..Ramrunner or revone ?

Tip us?

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Default S-off..Ramrunner or revone ?

Hi folks

I managed to successfully S-off my mini a few weeks ago using Ramrunner however I've seen the threads about people using Revone.
I'm curious as to What the difference is between them both and is there any advantage to using one over the other?

Thanks

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddison View Post
Hi folks

I managed to successfully S-off my mini a few weeks ago using Ramrunner however I've seen the threads about people using Revone.
I'm curious as to What the difference is between them both and is there any advantage to using one over the other?

Thanks
I'm no expert in these things, but I'm guessing one s-off is the same as another s-off. I know revone also allows you to remove certain flags from the bootloader like "tampered". Dunno if rumrunner also does this. But that's all cosmetic. As long as your s-off worked your all good to go.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Daily Driver
Samsung Galaxy S moviNAND
CreedROM v8 JellyBean 4.1.2
6 SEP 2014

Test Phone
Samsung Galaxy S iNAND
Mackay CM9 2014 1.7
21 AUG 2014

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
yeah kinda thought they done the same thing. i might give the revone a bash as i would quite like to get rid of "tampered" in bootloader (a bit fussy with little things like that lol)

cheers

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
yeah kinda thought they done the same thing. i might give the revone a bash as i would quite like to get rid of "tampered" in bootloader (a bit fussy with little things like that lol)

cheers
I'm proper OCD about things like that. But be careful because I don't know whether running 2 different s-off methods could conflict somehow. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge than me can confirm this or not?

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Daily Driver
Samsung Galaxy S moviNAND
CreedROM v8 JellyBean 4.1.2
6 SEP 2014

Test Phone
Samsung Galaxy S iNAND
Mackay CM9 2014 1.7
21 AUG 2014

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
Revone is only for hboot 1.44 and rumrunner is for all other hboots. To use revone commands you have to be on 1.44 hboot

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
@Klown80 Thanks for the info... Hmm I'm on Hboot 2.19.0000 so i will just leave it as is....not worth taking the risk of bricking for the sake of some red text. cheers

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@Klown80 Thanks for the info... Hmm I'm on Hboot 2.19.0000 so i will just leave it as is....not worth taking the risk of bricking for the sake of some red text. cheers
Yeah Hboot 1.44 is for the HTC One (M7), not the Mini. Lol, sorry I was on my phone earlier and didnt realize what forum I was in.
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg

abzboi
Old
Thanks Meter 44
If you ever want to s-on back then go with revone. I use the revone method and it was easy.

unlimited_pl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I used rumrunner. Easy, as always.

romy134
Old
Thanks Meter 11
what method is best for 2.19 hb?