How To Remove Lock Screen Widgets (Clock)

OP imthatguy83

25th April 2013, 05:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

38 posts
Hey guys I've got another question. Does anybody know how to remove the clock from the lock screen?

I've gone through Setting>My Device>Lock Screen and have everything turned off.

I've even downloaded an app called "Lockscreen Policy" which has an option to disable Widget and/or Camera, I've switched both of them off as well. I don't remember the app saying anything about needing root to work.

Really annoying that the stupid clock is covering my Lock Screen Wallpaper especially when the Notification Bar is on the Lockscreen and that has a clock on it anyway.

Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to imthatguy83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2013, 05:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy83

Hey guys I've got another question. Does anybody know how to remove the clock from the lock screen?

I've gone through Setting>My Device>Lock Screen and have everything turned off.

I've even downloaded an app called "Lockscreen Policy" which has an option to disable Widget and/or Camera, I've switched both of them off as well. I don't remember the app saying anything about needing root to work.

Really annoying that the stupid clock is covering my Lock Screen Wallpaper especially when the Notification Bar is on the Lockscreen and that has a clock on it anyway.

Thanks in advance.

If you swipe down from the clock it will expand the widget. You can then long press it and drag it to the trash can that appears at the top of the screen.

Be aware, though, that if you do not have any widget there you will just see a screen with a big "+" sign asking you to add a new widget and once the phone locks the clock widget will reappear. The only way to get it to go away permanently is to replace it with a different widget.

Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordopa1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordopa1

If you swipe down from the clock it will expand the widget. You can then long press it and drag it to the trash can that appears at the top of the screen.

Be aware, though, that if you do not have any widget there you will just see a screen with a big "+" sign asking you to add a new widget and once the phone locks the clock widget will reappear. The only way to get it to go away permanently is to replace it with a different widget.

Hope this helps.

Yea i just tried it out and see what you mean. I just don't understand the point of it being mandatory to have something. That ****s raining on my customization parade. Thanks for the input.
25th April 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 428

1,309 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy83

Yea i just tried it out and see what you mean. I just don't understand the point of it being mandatory to have something. That ****s raining on my customization parade. Thanks for the input.

You should disable the stock lockscreen all together and give WidgetLocker a try. It works really well on my wife's Note 2, and it's super customizable.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattdm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2013, 09:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdm

You should disable the stock lockscreen all together and give WidgetLocker a try. It works really well on my wife's Note 2, and it's super customizable.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I will def give this a try...

Here have some thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to imthatguy83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2013, 02:27 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

88 posts
Quote:

Hope this helps.

I try this and is says "unable to edit in security mode". I understand I may need to "unlock" the phone w/ the security code - but how do I get back to remove the lock screen clock if I do that? I am trying to get Dashclock Widget going, but this is blocking me.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by msherman123; 26th April 2013 at 02:33 AM.
26th April 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #7  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msherman123

I try this and is says "unable to edit in security mode". I understand I may need to "unlock" the phone w/ the security code - but how do I get back to remove the lock screen clock if I do that? I am trying to get Dashclock Widget going, but this is blocking me.

Any thoughts?

Do you have a pattern or PIN lock set? I don't think the widgets work with those.
The Following User Says Thank You to gordopa1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2013, 08:10 PM   |  #8  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 21

112 posts
More
Quote:

Do you have a pattern or PIN lock set? I don't think the widgets work with those.

You are correct. PIN/Pattern doesn't work with other widgets. Thanks man.
25th June 2013, 07:49 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Solved it
Hi, folks -- registered just to report that I have solved this problem. Download Minimalistic Text (free), though I'm sure you already have it. Enable Multiple Widgets on the phone, then add a blank Minimalistic Text widget. Delete your clock as described above and enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ewadescott For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2013, 08:37 PM   |  #10  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 3

2 posts
More
even easier: Blank Lockscreen Widget (Play Store)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jandalf102 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread