Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To Remove Lock Screen Widgets (Clock)

Tip us?
 
imthatguy83
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 38
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default How To Remove Lock Screen Widgets (Clock)

Hey guys I've got another question. Does anybody know how to remove the clock from the lock screen?

I've gone through Setting>My Device>Lock Screen and have everything turned off.

I've even downloaded an app called "Lockscreen Policy" which has an option to disable Widget and/or Camera, I've switched both of them off as well. I don't remember the app saying anything about needing root to work.

Really annoying that the stupid clock is covering my Lock Screen Wallpaper especially when the Notification Bar is on the Lockscreen and that has a clock on it anyway.

Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to imthatguy83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gordopa1
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 30
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: York
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy83 View Post
Hey guys I've got another question. Does anybody know how to remove the clock from the lock screen?

I've gone through Setting>My Device>Lock Screen and have everything turned off.

I've even downloaded an app called "Lockscreen Policy" which has an option to disable Widget and/or Camera, I've switched both of them off as well. I don't remember the app saying anything about needing root to work.

Really annoying that the stupid clock is covering my Lock Screen Wallpaper especially when the Notification Bar is on the Lockscreen and that has a clock on it anyway.

Thanks in advance.
If you swipe down from the clock it will expand the widget. You can then long press it and drag it to the trash can that appears at the top of the screen.

Be aware, though, that if you do not have any widget there you will just see a screen with a big "+" sign asking you to add a new widget and once the phone locks the clock widget will reappear. The only way to get it to go away permanently is to replace it with a different widget.

Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordopa1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
imthatguy83
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 38
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordopa1 View Post
If you swipe down from the clock it will expand the widget. You can then long press it and drag it to the trash can that appears at the top of the screen.

Be aware, though, that if you do not have any widget there you will just see a screen with a big "+" sign asking you to add a new widget and once the phone locks the clock widget will reappear. The only way to get it to go away permanently is to replace it with a different widget.

Hope this helps.
Yea i just tried it out and see what you mean. I just don't understand the point of it being mandatory to have something. That ****s raining on my customization parade. Thanks for the input.
 
mattdm
Old
#4  
mattdm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 412
Posts: 1,221
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy83 View Post
Yea i just tried it out and see what you mean. I just don't understand the point of it being mandatory to have something. That ****s raining on my customization parade. Thanks for the input.
You should disable the stock lockscreen all together and give WidgetLocker a try. It works really well on my wife's Note 2, and it's super customizable.
Phone: Galaxy S4 Mini Black Edition (GT-9195)
Firmware: CyanogenMod 11
Launcher: Google Experience Launcher

Previous phones: Samsung E317, Motorola KRZR K1, Sony Ericsson w580i, Samsung Sync (SGH-A707), Sony Ericsson F305, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Torch 9800, AT&T Galaxy SII (SGH-I777), Nexus 5, AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)

So say we all.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattdm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
imthatguy83
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 38
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdm View Post
You should disable the stock lockscreen all together and give WidgetLocker a try. It works really well on my wife's Note 2, and it's super customizable.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I will def give this a try...

Here have some thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to imthatguy83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
msherman123
Old
(Last edited by msherman123; 26th April 2013 at 02:33 AM.)
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 78
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordopa1 View Post
If you swipe down from the clock it will expand the widget. You can then long press it and drag it to the trash can that appears at the top of the screen.

Be aware, though, that if you do not have any widget there you will just see a screen with a big "+" sign asking you to add a new widget and once the phone locks the clock widget will reappear. The only way to get it to go away permanently is to replace it with a different widget.

Hope this helps.
I try this and is says "unable to edit in security mode". I understand I may need to "unlock" the phone w/ the security code - but how do I get back to remove the lock screen clock if I do that? I am trying to get Dashclock Widget going, but this is blocking me.

Any thoughts?
 
gordopa1
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 30
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: York
Quote:
Originally Posted by msherman123 View Post
I try this and is says "unable to edit in security mode". I understand I may need to "unlock" the phone w/ the security code - but how do I get back to remove the lock screen clock if I do that? I am trying to get Dashclock Widget going, but this is blocking me.

Any thoughts?
Do you have a pattern or PIN lock set? I don't think the widgets work with those.
The Following User Says Thank You to gordopa1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Faluzure
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 112
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordopa1 View Post
Do you have a pattern or PIN lock set? I don't think the widgets work with those.
You are correct. PIN/Pattern doesn't work with other widgets. Thanks man.
My Phone History:
1999 - Sprint - Samsung SCH-8500 // 2001 - Sprint - Sanyo SCP-5150 // 2003 - Sprint - Samsung SPH-A600 // 2005 - Sprint - Samsung SPH-A900 // 2009 - Sprint - HTC Hero
2011 - Sprint - HTC EVO 3D // 2013 - AT&T - Samsung Galaxy S4
 
ewadescott
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default Solved it

Hi, folks -- registered just to report that I have solved this problem. Download Minimalistic Text (free), though I'm sure you already have it. Enable Multiple Widgets on the phone, then add a blank Minimalistic Text widget. Delete your clock as described above and enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ewadescott For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jandalf102
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hamburg
even easier: Blank Lockscreen Widget (Play Store)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jandalf102 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes