Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 48,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reset to stock 4.1.1... was this a mistake?

Tip us?

Moshpit37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Reset to stock 4.1.1... was this a mistake?

My Note 2 had been running CleanROM for over a year, and I hadn't updated or done anything to it in that time. I was having some issues with lag and such but the final straw was yesterday my GPS quit working completely. When I tried turning it on my phone would freeze and I'd get a "System UI has stopped working" notification. So today I decided I'd start fresh and go back to stock 4.1.1 (I'm 99% sure that's what was on my phone when I got it) and used ODIN to flash back to that.

My question is, where do I go from here? I want to use one of the new ROMs utilizing the 4.3 or 4.4.2 versions, but I'm afraid I'm missing something important. I know not to just take the OTA updates, and I already installed (I think) the 4.3 MJ9 firmware update, but I'm not sure because it still says --- Android version 4.1.1 ; Baseband version I605VRUEMJ9 ---- Is this correct? Am I safe to install a 4.3-based ROM or do I need to update something else?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshpit37 View Post
My Note 2 had been running CleanROM for over a year, and I hadn't updated or done anything to it in that time. I was having some issues with lag and such but the final straw was yesterday my GPS quit working completely. When I tried turning it on my phone would freeze and I'd get a "System UI has stopped working" notification. So today I decided I'd start fresh and go back to stock 4.1.1 (I'm 99% sure that's what was on my phone when I got it) and used ODIN to flash back to that.

My question is, where do I go from here? I want to use one of the new ROMs utilizing the 4.3 or 4.4.2 versions, but I'm afraid I'm missing something important. I know not to just take the OTA updates, and I already installed (I think) the 4.3 MJ9 firmware update, but I'm not sure because it still says --- Android version 4.1.1 ; Baseband version I605VRUEMJ9 ---- Is this correct? Am I safe to install a 4.3-based ROM or do I need to update something else?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Yes you are.. Go ahead and flash away..
If you have problems connecting to wifi, then just go ahead and flash the MJ9 firmware again. But other than that you should be fine

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to lacoursiere18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moshpit37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Yes you are.. Go ahead and flash away..
If you have problems connecting to wifi, then just go ahead and flash the MJ9 firmware again. But other than that you should be fine
Thanks! I got AllianceROM up and running this afternoon, no problems with wi-fi. Good stuff.

denz2012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How's it going here is where I'm at right now but I don't really know much although I'm trying to learn my phone is rooted and carrier unlocked so I am on T-Mobile network I would like to update my phone to a newer/newest software thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I thought I uploaded a pic but I am 4.1.1 Verizon baseband i605vrall4 build number vraljb

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app