FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Kindle Fire HD 7" Stuck on TWRP (2.4.4.0) - Won't Mount - BTC for quick help!

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gwarek425, Junior Member on 1st September 2013, 09:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes I am a n00b here.
I have done many jailbreakings with no problem.
I have been using my Kindle Fire HD 7" since Feb. and reading the XDA forums and finally decided to root.

I used the newest bin4ry with no problems - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2351201

I then loaded TWRP and Kindle Fire Flash using this most recent method - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2347170

Again with no problems.

I then was going to load CyanogenMod 10.1 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2245335

But my Kindle Fire is stuck on the TWRP screen and my PC is not showing my Kindle to drop the .zip files.

When using ADB command prompt I typed "ADB devices" and it says "List of Devices Attached - 123456789ABCDEF recovery"

So that's where I am at.
I have searched the forum many times with no luck.

Please help me load CyanogenMod or get it back to stock.
I don't care about losing apps or anything because they were all free ones.

I got a bit of BTC for anyone that can help with a quick solution.

1st September 2013, 11:21 PM |#2  
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 631

Donate to Me
More
Put the zip u wanna flash in the same directory as adb, and try this: adb push nameofzip.zip /sdcard/nameofzip.zip
That should put it on the sdcard

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
2nd September 2013, 02:18 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Put the zip u wanna flash in the same directory as adb, and try this: adb push nameofzip.zip /sdcard/nameofzip.zip

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Perfect.
Thanks.
PM me your BTC addy if you want me to buy you a beer.
3rd September 2013, 04:38 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

I am in the same situation, however I have no idea how to use ADB and which directory it is installed. I rooted my sons kindle fire HD and installed TWRP the same way, however I cannot find anything on my computer regarding an ADB directory.

Any help at all will be very appreciated.
3rd September 2013, 05:21 AM |#5  
Flag New Braunfels, TX

Donate to Me
More
Binaries root comes with it, try cding into that directory, my wallpaper fix in my SIG also has it.

5th September 2013, 01:00 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Derrick

I am in the same situation, however I have no idea how to use ADB and which directory it is installed. I rooted my sons kindle fire HD and installed TWRP the same way, however I cannot find anything on my computer regarding an ADB directory.

Any help at all will be very appreciated.

Hey Mr. Derrick!

Hopefully we can get you setup using the same solution that worked for me.

ABD can be kinda confusing, especially if you are new to rooting.

(I can't post links yet so change my xx to tt)
If you want to try re-downloading it you can get it here: hxxp://developer.android.com/sdk

Are you trying to install the Cyanogen Mod 10.1 on there as well?
You will need that also in order to get it up and running.

You can download that here: hxxp://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.1/cm-10.1-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip

It helps to put all this stuff in the same folder, I just made a folder called "Kindle Stuff"

Now, go into your Kindle Stuff folder and go to adt-bundle-windows > sdk > platform-tools

Copy and paste your "cm-10.1-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip" folder in there.

Then in a blank space in the folder hold down "Shift" and "right click"
On the list choose
"Open command window from here"

In the command window copy and paste this: adb push cm-10.1-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip/sdcard/cm-10.1-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip

That (should) load Cyanogenmod onto your Kindle.

Once it finishes transferring, you can click "Install" on the TWRP homescreen.
It (should) automatically load it right away, if not just scroll to the "cm-10.1-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip" file and open it up.

I really hope that works for you, because that's what did it for me!
7th September 2013, 10:03 PM |#7  

More
I'm having the same issue with being stuck on the twrp screen, but I can't get an adp connection. Im also attempting to load cm 10.1 onto my kindle fire hd 7. In case it matters my pc also says there's no drivers for the kindle (I installed the proper drivers and adp and sdk software prior to rooting and flashing twrp and they worked fine, the problem only started after installing twrp)
7th September 2013, 10:05 PM |#8  
Flag New Braunfels, TX

Donate to Me
More
Try the drivers in my signature. Its probably my just an old twrp build before has code updated the vid and pid in it.

The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stunts513 Ad-Free
7th September 2013, 10:44 PM |#9  

More
how would i install those drivers so that the kindle would use them...when i originally installed the drivers for the adp connection, it was done automatically

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

ok the drivers work now and i have a adb connetion...thanks by the way, and now im trying to sideload the ROM file onto the kindle so i can install it with twrp. i put the folder into C:\users\joe and tried the command adb sideload filename.zip (i renamed the folder "filename") but i got an error saying error: closed

any ideas?
7th September 2013, 11:42 PM |#10  
Flag New Braunfels, TX

Donate to Me
More
I don't bother with side load. Just load up twrp and run "adb push filename.zip /sdcard/filename.zip

7th September 2013, 11:58 PM |#11  

More
thanks for your help...my kindle is now running CM 10.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)