Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Q] Correct CF Root File N900W8 KK (Baseband.BUCNC1)

OP Prufta

7th May 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag CAROLINA
Thanks Meter: 135

618 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm having problem trying to make root on my Note III (N900w8).

I went up from 4.3 to 4.4.2 using the firmware PCT-N900W8UBUCNC1 that is for Puerto Rico. Phone is up and working great. Then I tried to use the chainfire auto-root file CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8 with Odin 3.09 as stated but what I get are bootloops.

Please if there are a different auto-root for this version of KK please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
7th May 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,145

8,558 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufta

I went up from 4.3 to 4.4.2 using the firmware PCT-N900W8UBUCNC1 that is for Puerto Rico. Phone is up and working great. Then I tried to use the chainfire auto-root file CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8 with Odin 3.09 as stated but what I get are bootloops.

Please if there are a different auto-root for this version of KK please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Best way to root a phone is to flash a compatible custom recovery with Odin and superSU.zip in recovery. That way you have total control over what is happening imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 329

1,092 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufta

Thanks in advance.

I believe that file hasn't been updated for KK. Use this file instead. I know it says that it's for N9005 but it works with various N3 variants, N900W8 included.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag CAROLINA
Thanks Meter: 135

618 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

I believe that file hasn't been updated for KK. Use this file instead. I know it says that it's for N9005 but it works with various N3 variants, N900W8 included.

Thanks mate, it worked with that file .

Appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread