Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,966 Members 41,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Correct CF Root File N900W8 KK (Baseband.BUCNC1)

Tip us?

Prufta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Correct CF Root File N900W8 KK (Baseband.BUCNC1)

I'm having problem trying to make root on my Note III (N900w8).

I went up from 4.3 to 4.4.2 using the firmware PCT-N900W8UBUCNC1 that is for Puerto Rico. Phone is up and working great. Then I tried to use the chainfire auto-root file CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8 with Odin 3.09 as stated but what I get are bootloops.

Please if there are a different auto-root for this version of KK please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufta View Post

I went up from 4.3 to 4.4.2 using the firmware PCT-N900W8UBUCNC1 that is for Puerto Rico. Phone is up and working great. Then I tried to use the chainfire auto-root file CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8 with Odin 3.09 as stated but what I get are bootloops.

Please if there are a different auto-root for this version of KK please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Best way to root a phone is to flash a compatible custom recovery with Odin and superSU.zip in recovery. That way you have total control over what is happening imo.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufta View Post

Thanks in advance.
I believe that file hasn't been updated for KK. Use this file instead. I know it says that it's for N9005 but it works with various N3 variants, N900W8 included.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prufta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe View Post
I believe that file hasn't been updated for KK. Use this file instead. I know it says that it's for N9005 but it works with various N3 variants, N900W8 included.
Thanks mate, it worked with that file .

Appreciated.