FORUMS

[Q] Note Boot but black screen after GTN7000 logo

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By demaj, Junior Member on 7th December 2012, 11:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I've just tried to put Jellybam rom on my note. I did all the needed stuff (wipe, forma, ...), proceeded everything in the aroma installer but when it rebooted, i've had the GT-N7000 logo and then nothing, just a black screen. I can't even put it on recovery mode or download mode ... =/ Someone can help me ? Thanks a lot !

8th December 2012, 12:33 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,226

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demaj

Hi,

I've just tried to put Jellybam rom on my note. I did all the needed stuff (wipe, forma, ...), proceeded everything in the aroma installer but when it rebooted, i've had the GT-N7000 logo and then nothing, just a black screen. I can't even put it on recovery mode or download mode ... =/ Someone can help me ? Thanks a lot !

Were you running a safe kernel? What rom were you on?
8th December 2012, 12:42 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I was using hydracore kernel and on the Alliance Rom. Moreover my home button is out ...
8th December 2012, 02:58 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi,

According to me you should try PIT method while flashing
I too had similar problem where i couldnt get to recovery no matter which rom i flashed
8th December 2012, 03:24 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
How can I use PIT method ? I need Odin for it but I can't get into download mode because of my broken home button. Do you know another way to get recovery or download mode ? thnx for answering =)
8th December 2012, 08:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2,748

More
Hmmm may be you can use a usb jig to force the phone into download mode
8th December 2012, 09:15 PM |#7  
Flag wilrijk
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Hi,

take a 300 ohm resistor and connect pin 3 and 5 of the micro usb port not sure jou will have to look it up and then it forces it into download mode
10th December 2012, 02:03 PM |#8  
Bucks

More
Note Boot but black screen after GTN7000 logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan

Were you running a safe kernel? What rom were you on?

I've got exactly the same problem and was on Glory ROM with PhilZ kernel. I have found the following thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1667886 but as I'm not a developer I'm wondering if there's an idiot's guide for idiots like me!

All help gratefully received!!
11th December 2012, 08:52 AM |#9  
Bucks

More
Talking OK here's my idiot's guide
I did a bit of digging around yesterday and found a solution that worked for me. I couldn't get the phone past the N7000 logo - it just kept going black - even though i could hear the boot animation sound and the phone was working - only I could find any buttons that would allow me to answer the call!!

So...for an overview watch this - http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-not...android-2-3-6/ I nkow this says it's for a SGH-1717 but the basic approach is right.

Then assemble your requirements:

1. You'll need to have Odin for PC on your PC (naturally)
2. You'll need to download a stock ROM - select the relevant one for your phone (not the AT&T one mentioned in the video) here - http://samsung-updates.com/
3. USB drivers for your phone - I already had them and if you've been playing with your phone and bricked ti you probably already have too!!

Then follow his instructions - it worked for me - yippee!!
The Following User Says Thank You to westy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 08:25 AM |#10  

More
blank screen after installing Philz Touch 6
Hi folks,
I just installed on my n7000 Philz Touch 6.26 yesterday. then upon reboot, I got a blank screen.
Here are some details on the Philz touch
Philz Touch 6
buld version 6.26.6 - n7000
CWM base version: v6.9.4.8
touch GUI revision 1.16
compiled Apr 14, 2014 at 13:36:54

Please help.

Bluestring1538
25th April 2014, 09:49 AM |#11  
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
Thanks Meter: 2,747

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestring1538

Hi folks,
I just installed on my n7000 Philz Touch 6.26 yesterday. then upon reboot, I got a blank screen.
Here are some details on the Philz touch
Philz Touch 6
buld version 6.26.6 - n7000
CWM base version: v6.9.4.8
touch GUI revision 1.16
compiled Apr 14, 2014 at 13:36:54

Please help.

Bluestring1538

Maybe you chose a Kernel that didn't fit to your Rom. So please add infos about the Rom version you use.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)