Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note Boot but black screen after GTN7000 logo

Tip us?

demaj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Note Boot but black screen after GTN7000 logo

Hi,

I've just tried to put Jellybam rom on my note. I did all the needed stuff (wipe, forma, ...), proceeded everything in the aroma installer but when it rebooted, i've had the GT-N7000 logo and then nothing, just a black screen. I can't even put it on recovery mode or download mode ... =/ Someone can help me ? Thanks a lot !

glevitan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,206

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demaj View Post
Hi,

I've just tried to put Jellybam rom on my note. I did all the needed stuff (wipe, forma, ...), proceeded everything in the aroma installer but when it rebooted, i've had the GT-N7000 logo and then nothing, just a black screen. I can't even put it on recovery mode or download mode ... =/ Someone can help me ? Thanks a lot !
Were you running a safe kernel? What rom were you on?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator

demaj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I was using hydracore kernel and on the Alliance Rom. Moreover my home button is out ...

lsdhillon
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi,

According to me you should try PIT method while flashing
I too had similar problem where i couldnt get to recovery no matter which rom i flashed

demaj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
How can I use PIT method ? I need Odin for it but I can't get into download mode because of my broken home button. Do you know another way to get recovery or download mode ? thnx for answering =)

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2,678
Hmmm may be you can use a usb jig to force the phone into download mode

frederic2707
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Hi,

take a 300 ohm resistor and connect pin 3 and 5 of the micro usb port not sure jou will have to look it up and then it forces it into download mode
device evolution nokia 1100=> nokia 5800 xpressmusic=> lg pop=> nokia N900=> streak 5=> galaxy s=> galaxy note
all in 5 years

westy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Note Boot but black screen after GTN7000 logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
Were you running a safe kernel? What rom were you on?
I've got exactly the same problem and was on Glory ROM with PhilZ kernel. I have found the following thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1667886 but as I'm not a developer I'm wondering if there's an idiot's guide for idiots like me!

All help gratefully received!!
Business as usual is uninspired!

westy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Talking OK here's my idiot's guide

I did a bit of digging around yesterday and found a solution that worked for me. I couldn't get the phone past the N7000 logo - it just kept going black - even though i could hear the boot animation sound and the phone was working - only I could find any buttons that would allow me to answer the call!!

So...for an overview watch this - http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-not...android-2-3-6/ I nkow this says it's for a SGH-1717 but the basic approach is right.

Then assemble your requirements:

1. You'll need to have Odin for PC on your PC (naturally)
2. You'll need to download a stock ROM - select the relevant one for your phone (not the AT&T one mentioned in the video) here - http://samsung-updates.com/
3. USB drivers for your phone - I already had them and if you've been playing with your phone and bricked ti you probably already have too!!

Then follow his instructions - it worked for me - yippee!!
Business as usual is uninspired!
The Following User Says Thank You to westy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bluestring1538
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default blank screen after installing Philz Touch 6

Hi folks,
I just installed on my n7000 Philz Touch 6.26 yesterday. then upon reboot, I got a blank screen.
Here are some details on the Philz touch
Philz Touch 6
buld version 6.26.6 - n7000
CWM base version: v6.9.4.8
touch GUI revision 1.16
compiled Apr 14, 2014 at 13:36:54

Please help.

Bluestring1538