Problems with the easy-cover

5th May 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

100 posts
I installed the coloros 2.0 beta, but I have problems with the easy-cover waking up the phone all the time. If I have the phone in my pocket the cover moves on the front when walking and making the screen to turn on. Would it be possible to a rooted phone to change something so the cover wont wake the phone?
5th May 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 30

420 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fremar

I installed the coloros 2.0 beta, but I have problems with the easy-cover waking up the phone all the time. If I have the phone in my pocket the cover moves on the front when walking and making the screen to turn on. Would it be possible to a rooted phone to change something so the cover wont wake the phone?

Got pretty much the same with colorOS 1.2.
5th May 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 206

509 posts
More
Same issue. I'm hoping someone comes up with a fix or at least figures out which of the umpteen zillion Oppo system apps that shows up in TB is what controls this so it can be frozen/uninstalled. BTW it's not the one that is called Leather... I have that frozen and the cover still activates the screen
7th May 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Has anyone else gotten scratches on the screen protector from the frame around the window on the easy-cover? Already after just 5 days I have started to see scratches on the screen protector on my phone.
7th May 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
More
Quote:

From the ColorOS 2.0 Beta Thread.. Try this
repo.xposed.info/module/com.dubi.xposed.magnetoff
7th May 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #6  
WI
Thanks Meter: 106

700 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockal

From the ColorOS 2.0 Beta Thread.. Try this
repo.xposed.info/module/com.dubi.xposed.magnetoff

I'm trying that module right now, and on 2.0 it doesn't seem to help much as there's this competing lockscreen that appears designed for that window size. Which is great and all, but I just want that crap disabled. Bothers my OCD too much lol.
7th May 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
Quote:

Has anyone else gotten scratches on the screen protector from the frame around the window on the easy-cover? Already after just 5 days I have started to see scratches on the screen protector on my phone.

Same "cover" type as the LG G2 which, in my scratched pretty bad so I expect scratches on the 7a too. Fortunately there is protective film on the gorilla screen. I prefer the Galaxy flip cover setup with glass see trough. I am looking on Ebay for the Spigen kinda thin real glass protective screens. No luck yet.
8th May 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #8  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 30

420 posts
More
I don't have any scratch on my screen.

Btw, isn't this smart cover supposed to let us interact with the phone just by the window ? As answering a phone call... I didn't find the option.
8th May 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1966

Same "cover" type as the LG G2 which, in my scratched pretty bad so I expect scratches on the 7a too. Fortunately there is protective film on the gorilla screen. I prefer the Galaxy flip cover setup with glass see trough. I am looking on Ebay for the Spigen kinda thin real glass protective screens. No luck yet.

There is NIllkin brand tempered glass SP.
8th May 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morak75

I don't have any scratch on my screen.

Btw, isn't this smart cover supposed to let us interact with the phone just by the window ? As answering a phone call... I didn't find the option.

It does that, atleast with ColorOS 2.0 beta. Really disturbing that it turn on the screen when closing the cover, with the screen turned off.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399529293627.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	2731835

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread