Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4G Issue

Tip us?

mussacredi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] 4G Issue

Hi

I have a Z1 brazilian 6943 and my carrier is Claro. As you probably know 4G in Brazil is not great, even 3G is not 100% reliable so I have question that so far no one was able to respond to me.
When I leave the LTE(preference) WCDMA/GSM active under networks and I have 4G signal everything is ok, but the problem is that 99% of the time is not ok, there is no data available. So I expect the phone understand that LTE is not available and uses the 3G network but this doen not happen, I have zero data availability and I have to change from LTE (preference) WCDMA/GSM to WCDMA(preference)/GSM to have data...

Any one of you has the same situation? if so is there any way our phone understands that there is no 4G and uses 3G instead I have to do it manually?

Regards

Renato

mussacredi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
No one has this issue? Any reply will help a lot

QualQuek
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussacredi View Post
Hi

I have a Z1 brazilian 6943 and my carrier is Claro. As you probably know 4G in Brazil is not great, even 3G is not 100% reliable so I have question that so far no one was able to respond to me.
When I leave the LTE(preference) WCDMA/GSM active under networks and I have 4G signal everything is ok, but the problem is that 99% of the time is not ok, there is no data available. So I expect the phone understand that LTE is not available and uses the 3G network but this doen not happen, I have zero data availability and I have to change from LTE (preference) WCDMA/GSM to WCDMA(preference)/GSM to have data...

Any one of you has the same situation? if so is there any way our phone understands that there is no 4G and uses 3G instead I have to do it manually?

Regards

Renato
That's exactly the problem i have as well in France, the Z1 handle very bad the 4G, if you can't have a decent 4G connection just don't select it in network preference because u'll have signal problem. It's fine only when i'l folly cover by 4G, if it's not the case, just disable it in the notification and all will be Ok.
French Android Games Tester Youtube Channel
Shou Screen Recorder for Android
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903 - KK 4.4.2 Stock ROM Rooted by [NUT] - Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock ROM
Tags
lte, sony z1