Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 41,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Downgrade Facebook app?

Tip us?

liamR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Question How to Downgrade Facebook app?

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I got the new Facebook UI with the built-in video player+auto-play, It's very laggy (every time it auto-plays videos) and it's impossible to download the videos. I really don't know what facebook developers thought when they decided to make such a terrible update. I want to downgrade to an earlier version that still have the option to choose a video player (and download the video) and more important without the auto-play function.

How can I do it? Which version to look for?

Thanks

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamR View Post
Hi everyone,

A few days ago I got the new Facebook UI with the built-in video player+auto-play, It's very laggy (every time it auto-plays videos) and it's impossible to download the videos. I really don't know what facebook developers thought when they decided to make such a terrible update. I want to downgrade to an earlier version that still have the option to choose a video player (and download the video) and more important without the auto-play function.

How can I do it? Which version to look for?

Thanks
Depends on whether or not your phone came preloaded with Facebook. If it did, you would uninstall the update in your Settings / Applications (or Application Manager, depending on the phone) and then make sure it's not enabled to Auto Update it in the Play Store.. If it didn't come preloaded with the phone and you initially installed it from the Play Store, then go to the Settings / App section again and find out what update that is, and Google for the Facebook apk and find the newest one that isn't that one that is giving you issues.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

liamR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
I successfully installed older version with the old UI, but I still can't get it to pop up the video player selection :/

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
I dunno, I don't do Facebook really, and I have no clue which version you installed, so yea...

Have you seen this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2102232
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

liamR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
This is so annoying, I successfully got the video player to pop up, but after a day it stopped working. The Facebook didn't update, it's like in-app update that can't be blocked.