Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in TWRP without ROM not able to ADB push

Tip us?

Mr_Harrow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt [Q] Stuck in TWRP without ROM not able to ADB push

Hey guys,
I've been slackin' on the updates of my rom lately and thought it was finally time to do a proper update. I got my HTC one in the US around release and rooted it back then. However, now I was trying to install Android Revolution on it and the installation went fine (well, at least so I thought) up until the time I was going to boot it. It constantly keeps on re-booting me into the TWRP menu, even though the rom seems to be installed.

I was looking around and found out about ADP push http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2325853
However, I get stuck on the step where I'm supposed to get up my Serial number in the terminal. It seems as if the command runs through but comes up with nothing, just a blank space. At first I simply ignored this and moved on to the next step. However, my computer doesn't seem to acknowledge the command ./adb push NameOfRom.zip /data/media/

Where do I go from here?

Thank you (:
Mr. Harrow

Mr_Harrow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Harrow View Post
Hey guys,
I've been slackin' on the updates of my rom lately and thought it was finally time to do a proper update. I got my HTC one in the US around release and rooted it back then. However, now I was trying to install Android Revolution on it and the installation went fine (well, at least so I thought) up until the time I was going to boot it. It constantly keeps on re-booting me into the TWRP menu, even though the rom seems to be installed.

I was looking around and found out about ADP push http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2325853
However, I get stuck on the step where I'm supposed to get up my Serial number in the terminal. It seems as if the command runs through but comes up with nothing, just a blank space. At first I simply ignored this and moved on to the next step. However, my computer doesn't seem to acknowledge the command ./adb push NameOfRom.zip /data/media/

Where do I go from here?

Thank you (:
Mr. Harrow
I found this http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...tuck-twrp.html
Shouldn't have to go through the hassle of going through that process though? Seeing as there's a zip of the android revolution on the phone which is installable, but nevertheless doesn't boot. Please help a fella out?

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,709
Try to wipe all but SD card, flash rim like normal, then pull the recovery logs (found in advance settings) and post it here if it won't boot
Also know that many HTC phones when unlocked through htcdev, need you to flash the kernel through fastboot after flashing the ROM, if you're unsure if you need to do this boot to bootloader and note all it says on this screen and then check your device forum for specifics on this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Also make sure you got the correct rom from the correct forum. There are multiple One forums now and it's not the first time it's happened..

PS. ./adb is only for Linux - is that what you are running?

And I know the stuff is on /data/media but try this:

adb push nameofrom.zip /sdcard/
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)