Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WM5

Tip us?

TheSanitarium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default WM5

Hi all, I am all confused about which Windows Mobile 5 ROM version to load to my Blueangle. I read forums about these different ROMs but I got more confused. Which ROM do you reccomend?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9000Q)
Not rooted
Stock 4.4.2
-------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8005)
Rooted
Android Revolution HD 11.2
@TheSanitarium76

Biohead
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Helmi_C AKU3.2 v1.3 beta is currently the best one out in general.
Current: Nexus 5, Motorola RAZR i XT890

Retired: HTC Blueangel, HTC HD2

TheSanitarium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Can you tell me more about this ROM's performance? What do you think when you compare it with wm2003se? Do you think it is worth to upgrade to wm5 from wm2003se? Thanks.
Not rooted
Stock 4.4.2
Rooted
@TheSanitarium76

Biohead
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I really dislike alot of the early WM5 roms because I thought they were unbearably slow so I kept with 2003SE until about a month ago.

Then an AKU2.3 ROM was released which I tested and it was muc quicker than the previous offerings. I'd be willing to say Helmi's AKU3.2 ROM is just as quick as 2003SE is, and its prettier :lol:

It's definately worth considering about upgrading now.
Current: Nexus 5, Motorola RAZR i XT890

Retired: HTC Blueangel, HTC HD2

TheSanitarium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Thanks my friend. I'll give it a try. Are there any features (features of wm2003se and my pda2k) that I won't be able to use when I upgrade to helmi's wm5?
Not rooted
Stock 4.4.2
Rooted
@TheSanitarium76

mcs1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there,

I would like tyo download WM5 BA ROM, but I'm affraid, there is no posibility to download any ROM from ftp server.

Threre are some problems with connection. Speed is very low.
Dowloading stopped after 10 MB...

Please tell me, how can I download ROM....

Thx,
MCS1

MHoefler
Old
Thanks Meter 8
My experience with WM5 was not so good. It's so much slower than 2003SE! I recently downgraded and it's like night and day! 2003SE feels about 100 times faster than WM5 - especially all phone functions! It takes several seconds until a WM5 BA starts ringing, picking up takes eternally, so does hanging up, etc. Everything you do during normal use is much slower as well. It was really annoying using my BA with WM5, and now, back on 2003SE it's fantastic again.

If you don't desperately need any of the new functions of WM5 (like stereo bluetooth headsets and push email), I strongly recommend sticking with 2003SE!

Regards,

Martin

fa147
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I just recently converted and I am loving it all the way. Go with Helmi's AKU3.2 ROM as it has given me very little problems, other that the need to just make sure that I read and understand the guide first.

I did find the phones operating speed somewhat slow, but then that is to be expected from a installation that was not meant for the phone. Same thing happens when you upgrade a PC witha new OS and it goes a bit slower. But what you can do is to help it a bit and what I did was to spend around 14 on XCPUScalar and overclocked the internal chip from the standard 400mhz to 530mhz. It is so easy to do, all you do is to install the application and then slide the slider to the required speed. It does mean that my phone battery does go quicker, and I have been trying out different scenarios and whereas during normal use, ie 45 minutes of mp3 listening in the morning and then again in ther evening while on journey to work, and around 10-20 calls a day, the battery used was around 75-85, now it completely drains my battery unless I use my spare.

The best thing to do is to invest in a USB data cable which charges the phone at the same time and even if you have a laptop, you can still charge the phone during the time that it is in the cradle.

The XCPUScalar does have a dynamic speed changing capapbility which basicaly changes the speed depending on CPU percentage used, but I found it slightly sluggish to kick in and just so much easier to stick it onto the 530mhz and just take my spare battery with me.

Now that I have it at 530mhz it works even better that I had hoped, all the functions and compatibility and even works faster that my previous 2003se.

Be careful thought that the process of upgrade may take a few times to get right, so make sure that you have either the whole day to spend on the upgrade or you have a spare phone to hand.

Extra tip, and very important, dont use a external USB hub to plug your phone as when you come to upgrade it gets stuck on the OS Upgrade screen and like me you will have a heart-attack until you figure out what the problem is...

Hope that helps.

TheSanitarium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Thanks for all answers. I upgraded to Helmi's AKU 3.2 and happy with it. I agree that phone feature gets slower but I can live with that. Other features are working normally and are not slower than 2003se. Maybe using XCPUScalar speeds up the machine but are you sure that using this porgramm will not harm the cpu? If yes, I can also try it.
Not rooted
Stock 4.4.2
Rooted
@TheSanitarium76

Midget_1990
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 12
afaik intel's xscalar cpu's were designed to run @ higher speeds and designed to be scaled up and down to save battery, but microsoft in thier infinate wisdom decided they couldnt be arsed.

So long as you dont enable the 'show frequencies above 500mhz' then afaik your phone is in no danger, however i would recommend enabling that and setting max speed @ 530 (but scaling) as sometimes thos extra 50mhz really help. meyself and a lot of other people have had no problems with it at this speed (i know black6spdz runs one of his @ 590mhz, and thats not dead yet :wink