Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wireless Gets Disconnected Oftenly

Tip us?

erkanea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Wireless Gets Disconnected Oftenly

Hello,
After I bought this tablet, I am always having an issue whatever ROM i try doesnt matter (stock one, stock latest, crombi-x, crombi-kk)
WI-FI works great on my home network which is password protected and not much channel congestion around.
WI-FI gets disconnected very often (every 2-3 minutes generally if only I start surfing) at work, where there is lots of WI-FI in the same channels (this is because most of networks are from the same router). At work, if I start a download and do nothing else it goes good but whenever I start surfing, then i get disconnected. Work WI-FI is not secure by WPA etc but certificate authantication is required. So I suspect there is something wrong wiht certificate services with the device or software. It sounds like a buffer gets full when I connect to different web sites.
I tried a lot of browsers and there is no difference between them.
Any help will be appriciated.

YayYouFixedIt
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I have that problem also. But it happened only after I bought a cheap dlink n300. Before that I was using a Belkin and it was fine.I Just have to hit retry.

erkanea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayYouFixedIt View Post
I have that problem also. But it happened only after I bought a cheap dlink n300. Before that I was using a Belkin and it was fine.I Just have to hit retry.
we have a cisco device at work, i dont know specific problem but there might be hundreds of people that connects to this network, they dont have any problem.

TrekMD
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkanea View Post
we have a cisco device at work, i dont know specific problem but there might be hundreds of people that connects to this network, they dont have any problem.
It may be the battery save feature of the tablet that is disconnecting you from WiFi. Try turning that off to see if you still have the issue.
We are the Droid...resistance is futile.

erkanea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekMD View Post
It may be the battery save feature of the tablet that is disconnecting you from WiFi. Try turning that off to see if you still have the issue.
I am not having an issue at home network, so I don't think power save features causing this. Also, I have tried with power saving disabled from settings and result is same.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkanea View Post
I am not having an issue at home network, so I don't think power save features causing this. Also, I have tried with power saving disabled from settings and result is same.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app
If you are not having the issue at home then it is more likely the work Cisco setup.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development

Alta1r
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I used to have the same problem on my home network. I live in the city and have lots of Wifi-networks around (about 15 to 20). At work, where wifi channels aren't so crowded, i didn't have this problem.

What fixed it for me was to put the router to 802.11n-only (before it was mixed n/g/b). As from that moment (many months ago) i haven't had a single disconnect. But I guess this might not be a solution for you...