Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Wireless Gets Disconnected Oftenly

OP erkanea

7th May 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Hello,
After I bought this tablet, I am always having an issue whatever ROM i try doesnt matter (stock one, stock latest, crombi-x, crombi-kk)
WI-FI works great on my home network which is password protected and not much channel congestion around.
WI-FI gets disconnected very often (every 2-3 minutes generally if only I start surfing) at work, where there is lots of WI-FI in the same channels (this is because most of networks are from the same router). At work, if I start a download and do nothing else it goes good but whenever I start surfing, then i get disconnected. Work WI-FI is not secure by WPA etc but certificate authantication is required. So I suspect there is something wrong wiht certificate services with the device or software. It sounds like a buffer gets full when I connect to different web sites.
I tried a lot of browsers and there is no difference between them.
Any help will be appriciated.
7th May 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #2  
YayYouFixedIt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
I have that problem also. But it happened only after I bought a cheap dlink n300. Before that I was using a Belkin and it was fine.I Just have to hit retry.
8th May 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayYouFixedIt

I have that problem also. But it happened only after I bought a cheap dlink n300. Before that I was using a Belkin and it was fine.I Just have to hit retry.

we have a cisco device at work, i dont know specific problem but there might be hundreds of people that connects to this network, they dont have any problem.
12th May 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #4  
TrekMD's Avatar
Member
Flag Coral Gables
Thanks Meter: 2
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkanea

we have a cisco device at work, i dont know specific problem but there might be hundreds of people that connects to this network, they dont have any problem.

It may be the battery save feature of the tablet that is disconnecting you from WiFi. Try turning that off to see if you still have the issue.
12th May 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekMD

It may be the battery save feature of the tablet that is disconnecting you from WiFi. Try turning that off to see if you still have the issue.

I am not having an issue at home network, so I don't think power save features causing this. Also, I have tried with power saving disabled from settings and result is same.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app
12th May 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #6  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,242
 
11,667 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkanea

I am not having an issue at home network, so I don't think power save features causing this. Also, I have tried with power saving disabled from settings and result is same.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app

If you are not having the issue at home then it is more likely the work Cisco setup.
12th May 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
260 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
I used to have the same problem on my home network. I live in the city and have lots of Wifi-networks around (about 15 to 20). At work, where wifi channels aren't so crowded, i didn't have this problem.

What fixed it for me was to put the router to 802.11n-only (before it was mixed n/g/b). As from that moment (many months ago) i haven't had a single disconnect. But I guess this might not be a solution for you...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes