Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Walkman app

Tip us?
 
kamalaggi
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 123
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default Walkman app

Hi,

I just sold my iPhone 5s and ordered the Xperia Z2 online.

Is the Walkman app able to play the iTunes m4a format and show the artist, song title, album name, artwork etc. I have over 4000 songs in my iTunes library. All my songs are DRM-free.

I would rather not covert these to mp3 as it would result is loss of sound quality.

Thanks
 
Jackos
Old
(Last edited by Jackos; 7th May 2014 at 12:14 AM.)
#2  
Jackos's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 449
Posts: 3,465
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wrocław/Breslau
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi View Post
Hi,

I just sold my iPhone 5s and ordered the Xperia Z2 online.

Is the Walkman app able to play the iTunes m4a format and show the artist, song title, album name, artwork etc. I have over 4000 songs in my iTunes library. All my songs are DRM-free.

I would rather not covert these to mp3 as it would result is loss of sound quality.

Thanks
According to the White paper the Z2 is not able to play this format.


Ref: http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/d...D6543_WP_3.pdf
Read my reviews and editorials at ION!
"From my experience - it looks like the most popular ROMs have the worst memory management " - ultrashot

Primary: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503

Sold: Samsung Galaxy S III I9300, HTC Sensation Z710e, HTC Touch Pro2 T7373 (Sold to Skrobel)

Haswell RIG: MSI Z87 MPOWER; Intel Core i7-4770K; Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz CL11 16GB; 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX w/ backplate SLI; Intel SSD 530 180GB; 2x WDC Black 3TB RAID0; 3x WDC Black 1TB RAID5; CHIEFTEC BPS-750C2; Fractal Design Define R3 w/ USB3; Logitech Performance Mouse MX + Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800; Samsung PX2370; Windows 8.1 RTM Genuine

 
Q.Entity
Old
#3  
Q.Entity's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 578
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas
Poweramp plays them.

Sendt fra XPERIA Z SGP312
 
nreuge
Old
#4  
nreuge's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 574
Posts: 834
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toulouse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi View Post
Hi,

I just sold my iPhone 5s and ordered the Xperia Z2 online.

Is the Walkman app able to play the iTunes m4a format and show the artist, song title, album name, artwork etc. I have over 4000 songs in my iTunes library. All my songs are DRM-free.

I would rather not covert these to mp3 as it would result is loss of sound quality.

Thanks
m4a (or aac) is obviously read by walkman. All my music is in m4a format
 
kamalaggi
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 123
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge View Post
m4a (or aac) is obviously read by walkman. All my music is in m4a format
Does the tag information show?
 
nreuge
Old
#6  
nreuge's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 574
Posts: 834
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toulouse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi View Post
Does the tag information show?
Yes
 
kamalaggi
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 123
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge View Post
Yes
I received my Z2 in post this morning and copied all songs to memory card. All tag info is there apart from album art. Is there any way to get the album art to show?
 
nreuge
Old
#8  
nreuge's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 574
Posts: 834
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toulouse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi View Post
I received my Z2 in post this morning and copied all songs to memory card. All tag info is there apart from album art. Is there any way to get the album art to show?
Yes, there're two methods do to it:
1- Menu: "download music infos" (it can be quite long)
or
2- Listen to an album, select "modifiy music infos" and select the image that is in the album folder.
 
kamalaggi
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 123
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge View Post
Yes, there're two methods do to it:
1- Menu: "download music infos" (it can be quite long)
or
2- Listen to an album, select "modifiy music infos" and select the image that is in the album folder.
The m4a files already have the album art which I've set in iTunes.
 
nreuge
Old
#10  
nreuge's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 574
Posts: 834
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toulouse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi View Post
The m4a files already have the album art which I've set in iTunes.
I don't know, I can't help you more.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more