Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I just bought a gs4, and I'm confused about loki

OP wily5150

7th May 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holiday, Florida
Thanks Meter: 6

165 posts
More
I just bought a gs4, and I'm confused about loki. The phone I bought has the MDK baseband, and it has twrp installed. Can I flash a rom the same way I flashed roms on my old gs3? If not, I need to know about loki. What exactly is it? thanks
7th May 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,263

4,278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wily5150

I just bought a gs4, and I'm confused about loki. The phone I bought has the MDK baseband, and it has twrp installed. Can I flash a rom the same way I flashed roms on my old gs3? If not, I need to know about loki. What exactly is it? thanks

Yes if it's MDK and has twrp you're good to go man. You can install any ROM and kernel you want. You're very lucky to have it. I can link you the MDK Odin file and MDK root method should you need it....

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Odin file http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2289325

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Root method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2290796

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread