Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mounting SDcard on OSX

Tip us?

Xdpker06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Mounting SDcard on OSX

With windows, you can mount the SD card and transfer files to it normally. On OS x, we have to use the htc sync manager. Is there anyway to mount the SD card without it?

Moostafa29
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdpker06 View Post
With windows, you can mount the SD card and transfer files to it normally. On OS x, we have to use the htc sync manager. Is there anyway to mount the SD card without it?
The HTC Sync is horribly slow. I took the SD card out, put it in the adapter, and popped it in my MBP. It worked flawlessly.

Xdpker06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostafa29 View Post
The HTC Sync is horribly slow. I took the SD card out, put it in the adapter, and popped it in my MBP. It worked flawlessly.
Yeah I didn't even bother it's useless. I want to drag and drop the files myself. Taking the sd card out is an option but it's a hassle since you need a pin all the time. I'm trying some apps in the play store but no luck so far. Kind of dumb how they're forcing htc sync on us

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 738

DONATE TO ME
You will need ROOT and app called "DriveDroid"

Download Android File Manager - http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Open DriveDroid app, give it root access and under its settings, change USB or Permanent USB mode to "Mass Storage Android Debugging"

Connect to OSX and open the Android File Manager app on OSX... next time you wont need to open it manually, it will open everytime you connect the phone.

This might break connection to HTC Sync though

(I use the above for my iMac)
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xdpker06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n View Post

Open DriveDroid app, give it root access and under its settings, change USB or Permanent USB mode to "Mass Storage Android Debugging"

Connect to OSX and open the Android File Manager app on OSX... next time you wont need to open it manually, it will open everytime you connect the phone.

Thank you! I will try this out.

cmascatello
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n View Post

Do you have to reboot your Mac every time you want to mount the Android device? I am having issues getting the device to mount to an already running OSX computer.

Xdpker06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
What I don't get is why we need extra software. My old htc one s mounts the sd card just fine with no extra software

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

lukemo
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmascatello View Post
Do you have to reboot your Mac every time you want to mount the Android device? I am having issues getting the device to mount to an already running OSX computer.
The solution is uninstall HTC Sync Manager and using DriveDroid change to Manually change permanent Mode to MTP.
IT DOESN'T COST SO MUCH TO SAY AND PRESS THANKS

OnePlus One 64gb
One M8 Renovate ROM
S5 G900F X-Note
LG G3 D855
Ipad Air 128gb

captainreynolds
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Is there a way though to force the internal storage and SD card to be directly mounted onto OSX, rather than having to use another 3rd party app (android file transfer)?

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 738

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainreynolds View Post
Is there a way though to force the internal storage and SD card to be directly mounted onto OSX, rather than having to use another 3rd party app (android file transfer)?
Its not 3rd party ... its from Google

And the answer is no to your question, unless you run a SMB server on the phone over your wifi network, then your phone will popup in Finder as a network device. I have tried 3rd party phone apps that do this but the connection is unreliable and transfer speed slow.
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4

The Following User Says Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]