FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How Can I Flash CWM Without a Recovery installed A13 Allwinner

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By brambles1234, Member on 7th May 2014, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been given an old tablet N900X Allwinner A13 tablet.

I have been trying to enter recovery mode so I can install custom recovery and flash JB as at the moment it is running 4.04 ICS but I am not having much luck. So far I have tried
  • Power off then vol + and power
  • Power off then vol - and power
  • reboot recovery option via rashr
  • reboot recovery via terminal emulator command
  • Quick boot app

Nothing happens on the first two and the the other three just reboot the device.

I can only assume that this tablet does not have a recovery installed. I have downloaded the CWM from the XDA thread for the A13 devices and I have checked the partition size NANDJ and downloaded the correct CWM. The problem I have is that I have no idea how I can flash recover without a recovery installed? I am not familiar with terminal commands. However, I am sure there must be a way to flash the IMG through the emulator but I don't how to? ie commands to locate directory of IMG and SH files from recovery zip.

I have tried to install the unzipped recovery IMG through RASHR but nothing happens except the tablet reboots Could anyone offer some help? I feel exhausted looking for the solution. I must have read thousands of posts through XDA looking for the answer.

HOW DO I INSTALL CWM WITHOUT RECOVERY PLEASE?

Please put me out of my misery

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a13, allwinner a13, cwm, tablet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)