Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 52,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony MDR NC31E - how you like it?

Tip us?

Jozinek
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1884

DONATE TO ME
Default Sony MDR NC31E - how you like it?

Sony MDR NC31E are included in stock package XPERIA Z2 and my question is, if u use this headset for listening music? I like it, but i still prefer big earphones like Beats Audio Solo HD.

If i help you, hit thx button. If i help you much, donate to buy new devices...

rinxas
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Yeah, I think they're great. Really good sound isolation system, feels really weird when you have them in your ears then connect them to the phone, you feel like a cushion filling up in your ear. But it really does a great job cancelling outside noises.
They feel quite comfortable IMO, they don't fall out of my ears neither hurt them. The output could be a tad louder, but I'm guessing that's a device fault, not headphones.
★ Sony Xperia Z2 ★

Previous:
- LG G2 -
- Samsung Galaxy S4 -
- HTC One -
- Samsung Galaxy S4 -
- Samsung Galaxy S3 -
- Sony Xperia S -
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus -
- Samsung Galaxy S2 -
- Samsung Galaxy S -
- HTC Desire -
- Optimus Boston -

lyubor
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Really amazing headphones, I came from the new Apple earbuds and these are definately an upgrade.

nerobot
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Recently used then on last short flight and was quite impressed with the noise cancelling on them. Didn't see to drain the battery much either which is good.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

mujj
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerobot View Post
Recently used then on last short flight and was quite impressed with the noise cancelling on them. Didn't see to drain the battery much either which is good.

Did they cancel out the humm of the plane? So far I've tried them on the tube and they've done pretty well.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

nerobot
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujj View Post
Did they cancel out the humm of the plane? So far I've tried them on the tube and they've done pretty well.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
They cancelled out a lot of the low frequency hum and noise but there was still some high frequency noise left over (though not very loud). But when used with music I could hear very little engine noise, though it did seem to make it easier to hear people talking (which I didn't really want to listen to...).

Q.Entity
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Likewise for my experience with them.

Sent from my SGP312 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Si_NZ
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I really like the noise cancellation aspect of it, but it sounds too boomy for my taste. I think I got too used to monitor headphones.

ponczomarinero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Really decent in ear phones

I haven't had a plan to unpack them even because I have my Shures SE215. Some day have decided to compare them. Wow! Didn't expect that quality from headsets added to the phone. I am not missing my Shures. They are not so refined but pleasure from listening is enough to stop you thinking about something else. Sony done really good job. Comparing them to any Iphone earbuds is a joke, they represent much higher category.

Noice cancelation is awesome. I did like Shures isolation and need to say again. Awsome! In noisy bus they really cancel all of regular noise in background. It is really so effective even hard to believe.

Overall they are really good pair of in ear phones and will be difficult to find something similar in price range till 80 GBP. Thinking about them as free addition to a phone makes them great!

juicejuice
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Noise cancelling is cool and the sound is pretty good. Very clear compared to my regular earbuds. My only beef with these is the lack of a button so I can skip to next track etc. Or have I missed the button some how?