Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony STM10

Tip us?

strongylad28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Sony STM10

Hey guys

Got my Z2, and loving it 85% of the time, still a few kinks id like ironed out, but hey ho! Anyway one of the biggest things I think will be an issue is the microiphone. Doesn't seem a great recording source for anything loud or bass heavy.

I have seen the STM10 that you can get and its an intriguing bit of kit! Anyone got any reviews or experience with one? Its mostly going to be used for videos of music at festivals etc and would love to know if it is up to the job.

The other thing is it seems quite cumbersome, and wondered if anyone has any alternatives? It wouldn't be ideal to have with me at a music festival really (damage and or loss after a few ciders!) so is there a smaller one thats as good that anyone knows of?

Any info would be great
Sony Z2 - Black Locked bootloader

drknezz
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongylad28 View Post
Hey guys

Got my Z2, and loving it 85% of the time, still a few kinks id like ironed out, but hey ho! Anyway one of the biggest things I think will be an issue is the microiphone. Doesn't seem a great recording source for anything loud or bass heavy.

I have seen the STM10 that you can get and its an intriguing bit of kit! Anyone got any reviews or experience with one? Its mostly going to be used for videos of music at festivals etc and would love to know if it is up to the job.

The other thing is it seems quite cumbersome, and wondered if anyone has any alternatives? It wouldn't be ideal to have with me at a music festival really (damage and or loss after a few ciders!) so is there a smaller one thats as good that anyone knows of?

Any info would be great
Hey mate, I'm chasing an external microphone for my Z2 too. I've enquired with Sony on FB and they said they'd get back to me soon so fingers crossed. In the meantime the Edutige EIM-004 looks very promising as it has a much better response to loud noises than their EIM-001. There's some Youtube videos of it in action at concerts and the difference is HUGE.

Here's the link if you're interested http://www.edutige.net/shop/eim-004/
I'll keep you posted if I hear anything about the STM10 too!
Phone: Sony Xperia Z2!
ROM: Romaur v3.2
Firmware: .402
Kernel: DoomKernel v9
Themes/Mods: Xposed & Nightcity theme.
The Following User Says Thank You to drknezz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

strongylad28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknezz View Post
Hey mate, I'm chasing an external microphone for my Z2 too. I've enquired with Sony on FB and they said they'd get back to me soon so fingers crossed. In the meantime the Edutige EIM-004 looks very promising as it has a much better response to loud noises than their EIM-001. There's some Youtube videos of it in action at concerts and the difference is HUGE.

Here's the link if you're interested http://www.edutige.net/shop/eim-004/
I'll keep you posted if I hear anything about the STM10 too!
Thats really helpful! Thank you. I will take a look at the videos when I can

kamalaggi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If you have the noise cancelling headphones you can use them as a microphone. Just change settings to microphone in smart connect.

strongylad28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi View Post
If you have the noise cancelling headphones you can use them as a microphone. Just change settings to microphone in smart connect.
Yeah I believe so, however I sold my headphones that came with the phone before knowing this. Damn! Haha

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Haldi4803
Old
Thanks Meter 273
I've had the chance to test that out last night.

Sound was about 100-105DB and the Bass was HEAVY!

Internal

Headphone's stereo mic

well yeah xD too loud is too loud! even headphones stereo mic can't help you there.

p.s how much would a STM10 cost ?

phozz4
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Info 2 Just a Tipp....

Did you guys try the stereo recording feature? You need to connect the nc-headset, so the phone uses the build in mics in the earbuds. Its a big difference in comparison to internal mic.

Abby Oddie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
But the iblazr one has a built-in battery, the 3.5 mm connector is use only for data transfer, probable reason is that they wanted to be cross compatible with ios and android. So with a built-in battery, I think Sony could very easily pull-off a xenon flash accessory that plugs in to either the usb or 3.5 mm port.

blyndfyre
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongylad28 View Post
Hey guys

Any info would be great
Cider, lol.
[PHONE] Sony Xperia Z2 [ROM] Stock [KERNEL] Stock
[TABLET] Nexus 7 [ROM] CM11 M9 [KERNEL] CM Stock

rkanwar
Old
Thanks Meter 59
So how many people have the stm10 mic? I'm really keen on buying it this weekend its just a matter of seeing what people actually think. I've seen some reviews but I'm not 100% on it yet

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Sony Xperia S | Asus Nexus 7