Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FW]Custom Firmware Without Losing Recovery/S-Off

Tip us?

frankinstine
Old
(Last edited by IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo; 27th May 2014 at 05:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2394

DONATE TO ME
Default [FW]Custom Firmware Without Losing Recovery/S-Off

This is Behold_this firmware package but modified to not lose recovery

What's Included

adsp.img
dt.img
pg2fs_spcustom.img
radio.img (1.16.21331931.LA24G_20.31A.4145.02L_F)
rcdata.img
ramdisk.img
recovery.img (TWRP Recovery)
rpm.img
sbl1-1.img
sbl1-2.img
sbl1-3.img
sbl2.img
sbl3.img
sdi.img
sensor_hub.img
splash1.nb0
tp_SYN3202.img
tp_SYN3508.img
tp_SYN3528.img
tz.img
wcnss.img

**This package is the most of the firmware from the 1.57.531.7 RUU. Only the boot.img,Stock recovery.img, DZdata.img have been removed.**

How to flash:
  • Rename downloaded zip to firmware.zip
  • Copy firmware.zip to your fastboot.exe location (example c:/AndroidSDK/platform-tools/)
  • Open cmd prompt from within your fastboot directory or cd to it
  • Boot device into fastboot mode (power+volume DWN, select fastboot)
  • Connect device to PC
  • Enter the following cmd and wait for device to reboot into RUU mode:
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
  • Enter the following cmd and wait for process to complete (note the on screen progress bar will not fill completely, refer to cmd prompt's output for flash details):
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    If process fails after updating Hboot with the following error: simply re enter the above flash cmd to finish the update process
  • If output indicates a successful flash, enter cmd:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
Alternative/PC Free Install Method:
*requires SDCard*
  • rename the firmware zip 0P6BIMG.zip
  • copy to the root of your SD card
  • reboot into bootloader (power+vol dwn)
  • when prompted to confirm the flash select Yes using volume key to confirm the update.

Download Here
Modified Firmware

Standard disclaimer
Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

MOD EDITED
T-Mobile HTC One M8
Provider: T-Mobile US
Recovery: TWRP
Baseband: 1.16.21331931.LA24G_20.31A.4145.02L_F
Rom: My AOKP May 8
Kernel: Stock

frankinstine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2394

DONATE TO ME
and one more
T-Mobile HTC One M8

Behold_this
Old
(Last edited by IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo; 27th May 2014 at 05:14 AM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3542

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinstine View Post
This is Behold_this firmware package but modified to not lose recovery

What's Included

adsp.img
dt.img
pg2fs_spcustom.img
radio.img (1.16.21331931.LA24G_20.31A.4145.02L_F)
rcdata.img
ramdisk.img
recovery.img (TWRP Recovery)
rpm.img
sbl1-1.img
sbl1-2.img
sbl1-3.img
sbl2.img
sbl3.img
sdi.img
sensor_hub.img
splash1.nb0
tp_SYN3202.img
tp_SYN3508.img
tp_SYN3528.img
tz.img
wcnss.img

**This package is the most of the firmware from the 1.57.531.7 RUU. Only the boot.img,Stock recovery.img, DZdata.img have been removed.**

How to flash:
  • Rename downloaded zip to firmware.zip
  • Copy firmware.zip to your fastboot.exe location (example c:/AndroidSDK/platform-tools/)
  • Open cmd prompt from within your fastboot directory or cd to it
  • Boot device into fastboot mode (power+volume DWN, select fastboot)
  • Connect device to PC
  • Enter the following cmd and wait for device to reboot into RUU mode:
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
  • Enter the following cmd and wait for process to complete (note the on screen progress bar will not fill completely, refer to cmd prompt's output for flash details):
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    If process fails after updating Hboot with the following error: simply re enter the above flash cmd to finish the update process
  • If output indicates a successful flash, enter cmd:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
Alternative/PC Free Install Method:
*requires SDCard*
  • rename the firmware zip 0P6BIMG.zip
  • copy to the root of your SD card
  • reboot into bootloader (power+vol dwn)
  • when prompted to confirm the flash select Yes using volume key to confirm the update.

Download Here
Modified Firmware

Standard disclaimer
Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Please modify your thread title as NO firmware causes you to lose s off or root, including mine! My firmware does NOT contain system.img and therefore cannot make you lose root. Also there is only one way to turn security back on and that is via command line. To suggest that my packages can do that is just completely false. This title might confused or frighten uninformed users.

Users should understand that all that's been done here is removing the stock recovery and stock boot.img. The OP has additionally added twrp recovery. Typically I would not recommend adding custom recoveries to firmware, as different users use different recoveries. It would be preferrable to remove the recovery.img completely, allowing users to maintain theirs.

Finally, and most important to the point of this post, having stock recovery does not remove root. Having stock boot image does not remove root. And neither of them remove s off.

MOD EDITED

frankinstine
Old
(Last edited by IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo; 27th May 2014 at 05:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold_this View Post
Please modify your thread title as NO firmware causes you to lose s off or root, including mine! My firmware does NOT contain system.img and therefore cannot make you lose root. Also there is only one way to turn security back on and that is via command line. To suggest that my packages can do that is just completely false. This title might confused or frighten uninformed users.

Users should understand that all that's been done here is removing the stock recovery and stock boot.img. The OP has additionally added twrp recovery. Typically I would not recommend adding custom recoveries to firmware, as different users use different recoveries. It would be preferrable to remove the recovery.img completely, allowing users to maintain theirs.

Finally, and most important to the point of this post, having stock recovery does not remove root. Having stock boot image does not remove root. And neither of them remove s off.
first and foremost, i would like to say you could have sent me a PM about this. OK... yes it was a typo to say root, cause you are right, root is in the system part of a rom, but i made this for everyone to flash on there current setup and not have to worry about anything else, like flashing there custom recovery back on and if theren using Viper Rom or my AOKP there's no issue with rom booting back up because theres no boot.img to be flashed, yes they could of pulled it out themselves but not everyone knows they can do that...
If you have any further issue..please address with me personally via PM so we can straighten this out..

MOD EDITED
T-Mobile HTC One M8

uoY_redruM
Old
Thanks Meter 1931

DONATE TO ME
What exactly does this do? Update everything that you would normally only be able to update via the RUU file?

Say for instance the new T-Mobile update. Updated via the flashable zip someone provided. Already have root and custom recovery. That doesn't provide updated radio, hboot, etc (if I understand correctly) and that's what this does?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Interested in buying me a coffee? Click the 'Donate" button:

HTC One (M8)

Galaxy Tab 3

LG G2 UPGRADED

(16GB Blue) Galaxy S III - T-Mobile RETIRED

Kindle Fire RETIRED

Galaxy Nexus - GSM Unlocked STOLEN

Nexus One - RETIRED

IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13914

DONATE TO ME
Cleaned and Edited this thread.

Do not undo my edits.

Further discussion on this matter can be taken "respectively" to PM.

Thank you,

Neo
Forum Moderator

New? | How2XDA | Rules | GPL | Get A Mod | Staff | Apply - RC/RT | Apply - RD | Apply - Mod
New to the HTC One Max? - Check This | Kernel Sources: Vigor | Fireball | Inc | M7 | T6 | M8
The Following User Says Thank You to IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frankinstine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxquicksh0txx View Post
Behold has very good point, you say "This is his, but modified not to lose root or s-off"... Which means Behold's makes you lose root and s-off?

I highly doubt he's butthurt about anything. The way you worded the information in your post is very misleading, and can cause people who do not understand what they're doing 100% to be misguided. He's simply trying to make sure everyone is informed correctly, and no one is misunderstanding anyone else.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I'm was not trying to cause an issue, my only intention for this was to let anyone that has a custom rom other than a stock t-mobile rom use this firmware update,like i said for example: if your running Viper rom or CM11, you can use this to just flash the firmware and not worry about you TWRP recovery being replaced with the stock one or it not booting because the boot.img was flashed along with the RUU. maybe the wording was wrong, but that's what i was tying to do here... But no big deal, Mods just close this post.. I see its become an issue... Thanks
T-Mobile HTC One M8

T-Macgnolia
Old
(Last edited by IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo; 27th May 2014 at 08:36 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1886

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinstine View Post
I'm was not trying to cause an issue, my only intention for this was to let anyone that has a custom rom other than a stock t-mobile rom use this firmware update,like i said for example: if your running Viper rom or CM11, you can use this to just flash the firmware and not worry about you TWRP recovery being replaced with the stock one or it not booting because the boot.img was flashed along with the RUU. maybe the wording was wrong, but that's what i was tying to do here... But no big deal, Mods just close this post.. I see its become an issue... Thanks
Thread Closed per the OP's request. If the OP should like to reopen the thread later, he can contact me or another mod to do so.

I would also like to take this time to say that everyone makes mistakes once in a will. Give someone the benefit of the doubt first. Also, do not make such things as this disagreement displayed here a public event; use the XDA PM system.
New to XDA? Please have a read here and here, they are here to help you.
XDA Search Video
S-off explained
Guide on HTC HD2
4EXT Themes, Splash screens, and Bootanimation By T-Macgnolia
XDA-BLOG Writer
RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer for Sensation

Current daily device= Samsung Galaxy Note 2
ROM=TMOUS Stock Multi Window update not rooted
Other devices=TMOUS HTC Sensation 4G,TMOUS HTC HD2 , Acer Iconia A500

The Following User Says Thank You to T-Macgnolia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe