Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q: bluetooth headset for video recording.

Tip us?

TheEnternal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Q: bluetooth headset for video recording.

Does anyone know of a way for the camera to record video and use the Bluetooth via headset for audio? Or any other cheap wireless mic solution that will work with on an android phone and doesn't require recording audio and video separately? Thanks

TheEnternal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnternal View Post
Does anyone know of a way for the camera to record video and use the Bluetooth via headset for audio? Or any other cheap wireless mic solution that will work with on an android phone and doesn't require recording audio and video separately? Thanks
Bump

laurensschu
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnternal View Post
Bump
If you connect your BT headset it still records from it's normal mic?
The Following User Says Thank You to laurensschu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheEnternal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurensschu View Post
It does, I just ended up using a wired mic with another camera

arpcpro
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurensschu View Post
Yes. The camera app only records from the internal mic. I really need a wireless solution that allows me to have the microphone several meters away to record the sound. I could only find wired solutions and they were not even for android.

joeypent69
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up I think I've got it!

so, I've been trying to do this exact same thing for about a week now, and I think I've got it. with the help of some random people on the internet.
it seems this is actually a two part problem.

1) get the device to recognize the bluetooth microphone (from a headset or other bluetooth wireless device).
2) get the audio into a video recording.

it seems that android and an OS is not readily prepared to do either of these, and the built in video recorder cannot use audio from a source other than the devices built-in microphone.....so....we have to improvise a little.

First, we will need to get android to play nice with the bluetooth device. start by installing a free little app called "bt mono" you can find it on the google play store.

once installed you will need to run this any time you want to use your bluetooth device in a way other than as a phone.
on a side note, this works great for listening to music via a bluetooth headset.

second you will need a video recorder that can take the audio input that bt mono gives you. so, run back over to the google play store and get "lgCamera"

the only thing you have to do now is tell lgCamera that you want to use the "microphone" as the audio source.

thats it. you now have a video recorder on your phone/tablet that will use "almost" any bluetooth device as the audio input.

I have this exact set up on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus with CM 10.1.0 rooted, and it works perfectly. I am not sure if this works with unrooted devices, though I don't see why it wouldn't. hope this helps anyone who's been dredging the depths of the interwebs!

very special thanks to david hadaller and to Warren Barton for the breakdown and links!

silut7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeypent69 View Post
so, I've been trying to do this exact same thing for about a week now, and I think I've got it. with the help of some random people on the internet.
it seems this is actually a two part problem.

1) get the device to recognize the bluetooth microphone (from a headset or other bluetooth wireless device).
2) get the audio into a video recording.

it seems that android and an OS is not readily prepared to do either of these, and the built in video recorder cannot use audio from a source other than the devices built-in microphone.....so....we have to improvise a little.

First, we will need to get android to play nice with the bluetooth device. start by installing a free little app called "bt mono" you can find it on the google play store.

once installed you will need to run this any time you want to use your bluetooth device in a way other than as a phone.
on a side note, this works great for listening to music via a bluetooth headset.

second you will need a video recorder that can take the audio input that bt mono gives you. so, run back over to the google play store and get "lgCamera"

the only thing you have to do now is tell lgCamera that you want to use the "microphone" as the audio source.

thats it. you now have a video recorder on your phone/tablet that will use "almost" any bluetooth device as the audio input.

I have this exact set up on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus with CM 10.1.0 rooted, and it works perfectly. I am not sure if this works with unrooted devices, though I don't see why it wouldn't. hope this helps anyone who's been dredging the depths of the interwebs!

very special thanks to david hadaller and to Warren Barton for the breakdown and links!
You are right! Tks!