Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is completely dead

Tip us?

KoolKid98189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is completely dead

Yesterday evening my phone was on the charger then it suddenly stopped and it is completely dead. It isn't showing any signs of life ever since, even if I charge it. It doesn't even show offline charging and I can't send it to Samsung as it's rooted so my warranty it VOID. It seems to me that it has Sudden Death Syndrome because it has been recently been switching off and now it's completely dead. What should I do? I'm pretty much screwed!

robintjeuuu
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKid98189 View Post
Yesterday evening my phone was on the charger then it suddenly stopped and it is completely dead. It isn't showing any signs of life ever since, even if I charge it. It doesn't even show offline charging and I can't send it to Samsung as it's rooted so my warranty it VOID. It seems to me that it has Sudden Death Syndrome because it has been recently been switching off and now it's completely dead. What should I do? I'm pretty much screwed!
Can you enter download mode?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 mini i8190
Recovery: Maclaw's TWRP Back to stock

KoolKid98189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robintjeuuu View Post
Can you enter download mode?
Well... I managed to just get it into offline charging. When I boot it up in normal mode it shows Samsung Galaxy S3 mini then after a few seconds the bottom lights flash for half a second and shut down. When I try to boot to recovery, model name then shut down. Yes it can just about make it into download mode.

robintjeuuu
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Well... I managed to just get it into offline charging. When I boot it up in normal mode it shows Samsung Galaxy S3 mini then after a few seconds the bottom lights flash for half a second and shut down. When I try to boot to recovery, model name then shut down. Yes it can just about make it into download mode.
If you get into download mode, go to sammobile en download the firmware for your phone and flash it with odin. if that worked, open stock recovery and do a fatory reset to make sure everything is back to stock... Then you can just hope it won't happen again.

KoolKid98189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
If you get into download mode, go to sammobile en download the firmware for your phone and flash it with odin. if that worked, open stock recovery and do a fatory reset to make sure everything is back to stock... Then you can just hope it won't happen again.
I tried flashing stock recovery and ROM through Odin, it said pass but nothing actually seemed to fix and it still has the same problem that it shuts down after showing logo and when I boot to recovery it just shows TeamWin for a few seconds and shuts down so looks like I'm screwed and I have to use my BlackBerry :'(

robintjeuuu
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
I tried flashing stock recovery and ROM through Odin, it said pass but nothing actually seemed to fix and it still has the same problem that it shuts down after showing logo and when I boot to recovery it just shows TeamWin for a few seconds and shuts down so looks like I'm screwed and I have to use my BlackBerry :'(
Ok, can't help you, maybe search this forum for unbrick device. I know there are fixes that can be used with some bricks.

KoolKid98189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Ok, can't help you, maybe search this forum for unbrick device. I know there are fixes that can be used with some bricks.
And I don't think Samsung will repair it as my warranty is void and I doubt if my parents would get me a new phone as this phone is only 3 months as well! And I have seen an unbrick thread and I tried it and it didn't work :'(

robintjeuuu
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Well, I know how you feel. My charging port died once after I changed rom. Samsung asked me 200 for repair. Maybe you can give it a try and send him in... You never know Samsung loves you more than me..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

KoolKid98189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Well, I know how you feel. My charging port died once after I changed rom. Samsung asked me 200 for repair. Maybe you can give it a try and send him in... You never know Samsung loves you more than me..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
My dad took it to the service centre and they said they can't fix it as it's rooted so I'm screwed :'(

KoolKid98189
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny296 View Post
thanks,this index help me out very much.
What do you mean?